- Job title: Chartered Occupational Psychologist
Location: Charles Thackrah 2.16
Peter began his career as a management trainee at Rowntree Mackintosh (now Nestlé) in York and Toronto. Since then he has experienced a range of roles including:
- Psychologist at British Airways
- Panel Psychologist at the Civil Service Selection Board.
- Human Resources Consultant at PA Management Consultants
- Head of Compensation and Benefits at a UK Division of JP Morgan Chase
- Partner and Change Manager at Quality Improvement Partners
Peter holds a BSc in Psychology from Leeds University, an MSc in Occupational Psychology from Birkbeck College, London University and a PhD focussing on the value of Human Capital from Birmingham City University.
Peter is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and a Fellow of the Institute of Consulting.
Peter has carried out commercial research into employee engagement in both private and public sectors. Examples of private sector clients include divisions of Airtours, British Telecommunications, Novartis and PricewaterhouseCoopers. Public sector clients include UK Sport, the Probation Service and Stockport Council.
He is currently researching the influence of human capital on investor decisions. His associated website is www.OurPeopleReview.com
Previous to his appointment at LUBS, Peter has taught:
- Human Resource Management (BA and MBA) and Organisation Change & Leadership (MBA) at Hull University Business School;
- Psychology (BSc) at Leeds Trinity University and
- Behaviour in Organisations (BA & BSc) at The University of York Management School.
At LUBS Peter is a Personal Tutor in the Management Division, Organisation Behaviour Group and has supervised Dissertations for the Work and Employee Relations Division.
Fargus, P, 2017. Can HR professionals Generate Human Capital Data that will Influence Investment Decisions? Conference Paper. CIPD Applied Research Conference. Glasgow.
Fargus, P, 2000. Measuring and Improving Employee Motivation. London: Financial Times Executive Briefing.
Fargus, P. & Hopkinson K., 1995. Thought Process Improvement. UK Quality, 16-17
Smith, C., Fargus, P., & Smith, S., 1992. Banking on Co-operation. Managing Service Quality, 2(5), 293-298.