We are a leading international business school, recognised globally for our excellence in teaching and impactful research.
When making your decision on where to study there are lots of factors you will want to consider. On this page you can find out more about the rankings that matter to you:
Business School and University rankings and league tables
Leeds University Business School is also a faculty of the University of Leeds, one of the leading higher education institutions in the UK, ranked in the top 100 universities in the world (QS rankings 2023) and a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive UK universities.
QS World University Rankings
- The University of Leeds was ranked 86th in the QS World University Rankings 2023. This now places us in the top 6% of institutions globally.
- Business and Management studies ranked 70th in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022
- Accounting and Finance ranked 90th in the QS World University by Subject 2022
- Leeds is ranked joint-9th in the UK by the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
- The University of Leeds has moved up to 127th from 160th last year in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022.
- For the business and economics subject area Leeds is ranked 9th in the UK and 65th in the world.
- Using data from the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the University of Leeds is ranked 37th in the THE Most International Universities in the World 2022.
Complete University Guide League Tables 2022
The University of Leeds is ranked 16th overall in the Complete University Guide 2023 league tables. In subject areas the Business School has placed 4th for Accounting and Finance, 6th for Marketing,10th for Economics and11th for Business and Management.
The Guardian University Guide 2022
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
The University of Leeds has been ranked 23rd in The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023.
In the following Business School subject league tables, Leeds University Business School was placed:
- 5th for Accounting and Finance
- Joint 12th for Economics
- Joint 16th for Business, Management and Marketing
ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2022
The High Fliers report - ‘The Graduate Market in 2022’
Each year we enter our MBA and Masters programmes in a number of leading global rankings. We are regularly world ranked by the Financial Times, QS and The Economist.
The Leeds MBA
- The QS Global MBA Rankings 2022 ranked Leeds 14th overall in the UK and 11th for employability.
- The Economist 2022 Which MBA? Rankings placed the Leeds MBA 76th in the world and 6th in the UK.
- CEO Magazine Global MBA Rankings 2022 has named Leeds University Business School as only one of 37 European business schools ranked as ‘Tier One’.
- In the 2022 QS Business Masters Rankings, MSc Management was listed 12th in the UK and 78th globally. We ranked 10th in the UK for ‘Thought Leadership’ and 12th in the UK for ‘Employability’.
- In the 2022 QS Business Masters Rankings, MSc Business Analytics and Decision Sciences was listed 10th in the UK and 73rd globally. It also ranked 5th in the UK for ‘Employability’ and 6th for ‘Thought Leadership’.
- The Economist 2021 Masters in Management Rankings, placed MSc Management 6th in the UK and 37th globally.
- The FT Masters in Management Rankings 2020 placed Leeds 8th in the UK and 69th globally. In the supplementary programme tables, MSc International Business ranked 1st in the UK for the ninth year running.
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021
- The Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021 deemed 90% of the Business School’s submitted research to be either ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ overall.
- In their assessment of the REF 2021 results, Times Higher Education has placed the University of Leeds 5th in the UK for ‘research power’ in the business and management studies unit of assessment. 108 entries are included in their rankings. Research power relates to both the quality and the size of output delivered by research institutions.