Leeds University Business School operates a staged admissions process for Masters courses with selection deadlines throughout the year.
If you apply before the Application deadline for a particular stage, as shown below, you will normally receive a response on or before the Decision by date.
If you do not receive an offer in a particular stage, you will either be notified that your application has been unsuccessful, or we may carry your application forward to be considered in the next stage. Applications will only be carried forward once.
We receive a high volume of applications, therefore we may need more time to assess your application. If this is case, we will carry your application to the next stage and notify you of this.
To receive news about our Masters programmes and event updates, sign up to our newsletter.
|Stage||Application deadline||Decision by|
|1||Monday 23 December 2019||Friday 14 February 2020|
|2||Saturday 29 February 2020||Wednesday 15 April 2020|
|3||Friday 24 April 2020||Friday 22 May 2020|
|4||Final international deadline: Tuesday 30 June 2020||Final international places awarded: Wednesday 15 July 2020|
|5||Final UK/EU deadline: Thursday 20 August 2020||Final UK/EU places awarded: Friday 28 August 2020|
- All deadlines are 23:59 UK time
- Applications for each stage open immediately after the deadline for the previous stage
- Applications for stage 1 are open from 1 September 2019 and applications will be processed from 1 October 2019.
You can apply online through the University of Leeds applicant portal.
You do not need to have fulfilled all entry requirements before applying. Provided your application satisfies all other entry requirements, a conditional offer may be made on the basis of a predicted result. For example, the final mark of your first degree or an English language test. You must provide your final results before an unconditional offer can be made. The deadline for meeting your conditions is 12 August 2020.
What do I need to include in my application?
Please check your qualifications match the entry requirements for the course you are applying for.
When reviewing applications particular attention will be paid to academic performance and the personal statement. Given the competition for places, preference will be given to applicants who have or who are projected to exceed our minimum requirements.
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your degree certificate and transcript, or a partial transcript if you’re still studying
- A personal statement (please read the guidance note on personal statements***)
- Two academic references (please read the guidance note on references****)
- An up-to-date CV
- Your approved English Language test* (if applicable)
- A letter of sponsorship, if you need one.
As part of your online application you will be able to upload scanned documents.
The deadline for applicants to meet the conditions of their offer is 12 August 2020. This is to allow applicants who need a Tier 4 (General) student visa time to be confirmed as unconditional and to pay the tuition fee deposit or provide the sponsor evidence that is required for us to issue a CAS in support of the visa application.
* Applicants who have not yet completed an approved English language test may apply for a Masters course prior to taking a test.
*** Important guidance for personal statements
In the statement, we are looking for evidence of the qualities that you will bring to the programme and student community. We also want to understand how studying a programme at Leeds University Business School will help you meet your career aspirations. Please ensure that you address the following in your personal statement:
- What skills, qualities and experiences would you bring to the programme and how will they help you succeed?
- How will the opportunity to study at Leeds University Business School help you in your academic, personal and professional development?
- What are your career aspirations and how will successful completion of this programme help you achieve them?
Your personal statement should be no more than 500 words in length, be written in English and be your own work.
**** Important guidance for references
You will be required to submit details of two referees when completing your application who have knowledge of your academic and/or professional ability.
These should usually be a lecturer or supervisor at your last educational institution, however, it may be appropriate to select referees from your professional area of work if you have been out of education for more than 5 years or are applying with evidence of work experience.
Our Admissions Teams may request references where required to support your application, and these will be requested directly from your referees by the University, using the details you provide.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the referees you nominate are able and willing to provide a reference where required.
You can find a copy of the Leeds University Business School Taught Postgraduate Admissions Policy on each course page.