World class facilities
Explore the Business School and campus in our virtual tour
The Business School is based on the western edge of the University of Leeds campus. It is currently housed in five buildings, which include the impressively renovated 19th century Maurice Keyworth building, the Newlyn Building, which opened in 2019, and the recently refurbished Charles Thackrah and Clarendon buildings. In September 2021 we officially opened The Esther Simpson building – an exciting new facility for the Business School.
- Large state-of-the-art lecture theatres
- Seminar and collaborative teaching rooms
- Computer clusters
- Classrooms with the latest interactive learning and teaching technology
- Modern breakout spaces
- Contemporary cafes and roof terrace
- Large boardroom facilities
- The whole University of Leeds campus has WiFi access for students and staff
- The new Esther Simpson building houses two brand new lecture theatres, which have been designed to maximise comfort and concentration and include the latest technology to enable students to interact digitally.
- Harvard-style lecture theatres can seat more than 200 people and the traditional lecture theatre can seat up to 390.
- Latest audio-visual technology and professional presentation equipment.
- Our impressive seminar and syndicate rooms provide a less formal environment for group work and meetings and all are equipped with the latest technology
- Study spaces and dedicated computer clusters
- Networked PCs that link into the University Library and email systems, internet, Microsoft Office software, and the IT help desk
Collaborative teaching space
- State-of-the-art collaborative teaching spaces which incorporate the latest teaching and learning technology
- See more photographs of the teaching room
Executive boardroom and trading room
- Prestigious boardroom reflects the style and quality of a leading business school
- Our MBA and executive education programmes are delivered in this space, as well as corporate engagement
- State-of-the-art trading room allows students to gain a practical understanding of the financial markets and life as a City trader through a virtual trading platform
- Specialist behaviour labs including data collection lab and observation room
Cafes and roof terrace
- Cafe in Maurice Keyworth serving international cuisine all day and coffee bar in Charles Thackrah
- We also have a roof terrace, an ideal place to relax or study in good weather
The western campus
The Western Campus houses the Business School alongside other key buildings:
Facilities on the University of Leeds campus
Leeds University Business School is a faculty of the University of Leeds. Find out more about campus life