The government-backed Help to Grow: Management course will open the door to growth for thousands of business leaders. Aimed at senior leaders in small and medium businesses it includes 50 hours of in-depth training, 1:1 business mentoring, and the opportunity to grow your business, fast. The 12-week programme is 90% funded by the government so you only pay £750.
What is Help to Grow?
Help to Grow is a 12 week-programme delivered by Leeds University Business School and accredited by the Small Business Charter. The programme combines a practical curriculum, with 1:1 support from a business mentor, peer-learning sessions and an alumni network.
Designed to be manageable alongside full-time work, this programme will support you to develop your strategic skills with key modules covering financial management, innovation and digital adoption. By the end of the programme you will develop a tailored business growth plan to lead your business to its full potential. You will hear from inspirational business leaders and learn alongside local peers, with access to a national alumni network.
Who can take part?
Aimed at senior leaders in small and medium businesses from any sector that have been operating for more than 1 year, with between 5 to 249 employees are eligible.
What is the cost?
The programme is 90% subsidised by government – costing only £750.
Caroline Wherritt, Founder and CEO of Re:Work, completed Help to Grow in March 2022 and would ‘absolutely’ recommend it to other small-business leaders in the region.
Watch our video
The programme takes 12 weeks to complete and consists of one half-day session per week delivered through a mixture of online and in-person (7 online and 5 in-person).
What are the benefits to me?
- Enhance your management and strategic capabilities
- Produce a growth plan for your business
- Build resilience to future shocks
- Learn how to innovate in your business
- Adopt digital technologies to boost productivity and operational agility
- Develop your value proposition and reach into growth markets
- Improve employee engagement and responsible business practices
- A blended programme that combines interactive, online sessions with face-to-face learning to suit you
The following courses run by Leeds University Business School are now open for applications. New dates are added throughout the year.
Seven online sessions, and five face to face sessions at the University of Leeds in Leeds City Centre.
- Module 1 - Strategy and Innovation (face to face)
Wednesday 19th October 2022, 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Module 2 - Digital Adoption (online)
Monday 24th October 2022, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Module 3 - Internationalisation and Winning New Markets - Case Study (face to face)
Wednesday 2nd November 2022, 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Module 4 - Vision, Mission and Values (online)
Monday 7th November 2022, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Module 5 - Developing a Marketing Strategy (online)
Monday 14th November 2022, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Module 6 - Building a Brand Case Study (face to face)
Wednesday 23rd November 2022, 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Module 7 - Organisational Design (online)
Monday 28th November 2022, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Module 8 - Employee Engagement and Leading Change (online)
Monday 5th December 2022, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Module 9 - High Performance Workplace - Case Study (face to face)
Wednesday 14th December 2022, 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Module 10 - Efficient Operations (online)
Monday 9th January 2023, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Module 11 - Finance and Financial Management (online)
Monday 16th January 2023, 10:00am-12:00pm
- Module 12 - Implementing Growth Plans - Case Study (face to face)
Wednesday 25th December 2023, 1:00pm-5:00pm
We look forward to announcing future dates for the Help to Grow programme shortly, to register your interest and find out more please email Helptogrow@leeds.ac.uk or call Alison Cameron on 07927578367.
Contact the team
If you would like more information then you can contact our dedicated team by emailing HelpToGrow@leeds.ac.uk.
Leeds University Business School Coaching for Growth Scheme
Leeds University Business School offers one-to-one Growth Coaching for small business owners & leaders who are registered on our SME focused programmes, such as the Help to Grow Programme, the SME Future Leaders programme and others. We also provide coaching as a separate offer at a reduced commercial rate to SME business owners and their staff.
Leeds University Business School has a long standing history of supporting SME businesses, offering a range of programmes including an element of coaching for businesses looking to grow. We have found embedding coaching into programmes benefits business owners and small business leaders in several ways by supporting you individually and helping your business. Coaching will give you the tools to take your business to the next level. In a supported environment, your thinking and business practice will be challenged, your Coach will provide you with an alternative business perspective and will help to grow your confidence in you and your business. We will provide you with structured practical coaching to enable your business grow.
For further details of Help to Grow and Coaching, please contact HelpToGrow@leeds.ac.uk