Our Masters students have the opportunity to apply for a place on a week-long international study tour which includes company visits, guest lectures and networking events, with time to visit local places of interest.
The study tour is tailored to our academic divisions, which means you’ll gain an insight into industries related to your area of study.
About the tour:
- Visit local and global companies related to your business area
- Attend guest lectures and network with employers
- Enjoy networking and social events with your peers
- Tour cultural sites and local places of interest
Benefits of the study tour:
- Develop your employability and professional skills
- Immerse yourself in another culture
- Increase your understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing organisations around the world
- Extend your professional network
Please note: Applying for the study tour is a competitive process and places are limited. The study tour fee is fully subsidised however students are required to cover the cost of their expenses.
2019 study tour in Switzerland
In 2019, our international study tour was in Switzerland. Highlights of the tour included:
- A visit to Bitcoin Suisse headquarters and Renault Switzerland
- A presentation from the Chief Economist at Credit Suisse
- A visit to the Operations Centre at Zurich Airport for a presentation with the SWISS Airlines Air Traffic Senior Manager
- A lecture on corporate social responsibility (CSR) with the Head of Centre for Corporate Responsibility at ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences.
I would describe the study tour as one of my most enjoyable, educational and valuable experiences so far. I am certain I will take this experience and the skills that I learnt with me to my future career, including what I learned in the classroom, the company visits, the connections I made and also from spending time in Switzerland.