The Centre for Operations and Supply Chain Research (COSCR) contributes to Undergraduate, Masters and MBA courses including:
- BA Business Management
- MSc Global Supply Chain Management
- The Leeds MBA
- PhD and research degrees: We supervise postgraduate researchers in the areas of logistics, operations and supply chain management.
To make an informal enquiry about the PhD study topics email Professor Chee Yew Wong (email@example.com).
- Professor Chee Yew Wong (Centre Director): Information management; information seeking; information.
- Dr Gary Graham: Interface between supply chain management and smart cities; boundary management; disruptive innovation in the automobile industry; soft OR and data science; distributed manufacturing, shared mobility.
- Dr Nicky Shaw: Technology innovation; social network; network analysis; programme management.
- Dr Jie Chen: Buyer-supplier relationship, collaborative innovation, behavioural and cross-cultural studies.
- Dr Jyoti Mishra: Information management, circular economy, technology use in organisations, supply chain management, activity theory, disaster risk reduction, sustainability.
- Dr Deepak Arunachalam: Big data; blockchain; IoT; supply chain and operations management
For a list of our current PGR researchers in the centre please see here
I chose to study in Leeds due to its vibrant city life, great campus facilities and large, diverse student population. At the Centre for Operations and Supply Chain Research, I feel part of the team with no lines between PhD students and staff; our ideas and suggestions are taken seriously by our supervisors and there are many opportunities to work on numerous research projects together.
Developing a research proposal
To develop a good PhD proposal, you may contact academic members of the centre or find out more about our current research projects. We currently focus on distinctive research streams, but we also welcome proposals which involve other topics related to operations and supply chain management, as well as other disciplines.
- Supply chain management, strategy, integration and collaboration
- Supply chain, technology, networks and collaborative innovation
- Supply chain risk, resilience and sustainability
- Food supply chain
- Social networks and analysis
- Digital supply chains and economy
- Future cities and resilient community
- Eco innovation and environmental management