Dr Jyoti Mishra
- Position: Associate Professor in Information Management
- Areas of expertise: Information Management, Circular Economy, Technology use in Organisations, Supply Chain Management, Activity Theory, Disaster Risk Reduction, Sustainability, Humanitarian Operations
- Email: J.L.Mishra@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1344
- Location: 1.29 Charles Thackrah
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Jyoti Mishra joined the University of Leeds in 2019. Prior to that, she worked at University of Bradford (UoB) where she hold the Director of Work Placement and Internships. In the past, Jyoti had also worked as Research fellow on EU FP7 funded projects (ImREAL & ACROPOLIS). Jyoti comes from Electronics Engineering background and has done her MSc in Mobile Computing specialising in Artificial Intelligence. She holds a PhD in Management from University of Leeds. Before coming to the UK in 2005, Jyoti taught Electronics and Computer Engineering students and hold roles such as Deputy Chief of Research & Consultancy Division; Deputy Head of Electronics & Computer Engineering Department.
Jyoti has supervised more than 40 MBA, MSc and UG students and is currently supervising four PhD students in topics such as: Collaboration in Supply Chain Network; Food Wastage and Loss in a Developing Country; IoT for Circular Economy; Smart Cities and Innovative Policing Models. Potential doctoral students with research interest in information management, circular economy, technology use in organisations, emergency/disaster management, supply chain could contact her to discuss their research topics. In addition to research & supervision, She has been an external examiner for Univerity of Bolton since 2015. Jyoti is a World Social Science in Disaster Risk Reduction since 2011.
Jyoti's current research interest is in understanding technology use in organisations. She is investigating role of disruptive technologies in creating value for organisations. Some of the questions she is addressing are around- how Big Data could be used for Disaster Risk Reduction; how could we use Internet of Things to enable circular business models in organisations?
While at Bradford, Jyoti was involved in DEFRA funded project on Smart Waste Tracking. In the past Jyoti had worked on EU FP7 funded projects such as ImREAL (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/95595/factsheet/en) and ACROPOLIS (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/95593/factsheet/es). She has secured several funding for ICT, Circular Economy and Supply Chain Research such as:
• CCIP (Collaboration, Capacity & IP development) Grant, University of Bradford, 2016, £10K (PI)
• Sustainable food supply chain in developing countries: Current practices and future opportunities for poverty alleviation, University of Bradford, 2017, £7.5K (PI)
• KnoWaste, Smart Waste Tracking System, Innovate UK, £80K, 2018/19 (Co-I)
- PhD in Management (University of Leeds, UK), 2012
- MSc by Research (University of Bradford, UK), 2006
- BSc in Engineering (Tribhuvan University, Nepal), 2002
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (University of Bradford, UK), 2015
- Member of Association of Information Systems
Jyoti has been very innovative in her teaching & learning approach. She believes in student-led pedagogy and hence uses problem based learning and action learning sets in her learning and teaching. She has designed many UG and PG modules and co-led the development of MSc in Supply Chain & Analytics programme at UoB. She launched several initiatives for UG at UoB such as Sustainable Development Challenge and Industry Challenge within the Dissertation module. At Leeds, she has developed course units in digital business and information management challenges at PG level.
Research groups and institutes
- Adaptation Information Management and Technology
- Centre for Operations and Supply Chain Research