The Supply Chain Council is made up of members from the University of Leeds and other research institutions, government bodies and businesses involved in various aspects of supply chain management.
The aims of the Council are to:
- Bridge the gap between academia and industry
- Develop and share the latest thinking and knowledge in supply chain management
- Promote a holistic approach to supply chains
- Make supply chain an exciting and valid career choice
- Address current issues in supply chain management with the aim of developing new research initiatives to address these issues
The Council holds quarterly meetings and an annual summit for members and invited guests. Breakfast seminars on specific topics are held throughout the year for members and the wider public.
Industry pofessionals and researchers interested in supply chain management and local economies are welcome to join as council members and benefit from networking, knowledge sharing, funding and commercial opportunities, and access to the latest research insights from our publications, blogs and resources.
The Council is chaired by Professor Chee Yew Wong. We have members from a wide variety of organisations including: Yorkshire Water, British Steel, Turner & Townsend and Leeds Enterprise Partnership.
Supply Chain Council summits
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Supply Chain Council or would like some further information, please contact Professor Chee Yew Wong (email@example.com).