Dr Jie Chen
Jie joined Leeds University Business School in September 2015. Prior to this, she was Prize Fellow in Operations Management at University of Bath. Jie received her PhD degree from Monash University, Australia. She holds two undergraduate degrees from Fudan University, China and Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Germany. Jie’s research has been presented in international conferences and published in top international journals. Jie previously served as Secretary of the Executive Board, the Association of Supply Chain and Operations Management, and also session chair in international conferences. She is also reviewer for top journals in the field of operations and supply chain management such as Journal of Operations Management (JOM), Production and Operations Management (POM), Supply Chain Management: an International Journal (SCMIJ), and Production Planning and Control (PPC).
- Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Award, Australian government, 2011
- Li & Fung Best Student / Young Faculty Paper Award, the 5thInternational Conference On Operations and Supply Chain Management, 2011
- Australian Postgraduate Award, Monash University, 2009
- Dean's Postgraduate Research Excellence Award, Monash University, 2009
- Programme Director MSc Global Supply Chain Management
- PhD supervision
- Module leader
Jie’s research interests include buyer-supplier relationships, supply chain risks and collaborative innovation. In particular, Jie is interested in behavioural and cross-cultural studies; she aspires to understand how human factors interplay in supply chain dynamics. Her research has been published in top operations and supply chain management journals including Production and Operations Management (POM), International Journal of Production Research (IJPR), and Production Planning and Control (PPC).
- Fellowship Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- PhD ( Monash University, Australia)
- BS (Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Germany)
- BA/MA (Fudan University, China)
- Academy of Management (AOM)
Jie teaches operations and supply chain management modules at both UG and PG levels.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Operations and Supply Chain Research