The Global and Strategic Marketing Research Centre (GLOSMARC) is an established centre of excellence for scholarly research in marketing. The Centre is directed by Professor Constantine Katsikeas, Arnold Ziff Research Chair in Marketing and International Management.
How we work
GLOSMARC involves an active research community of academics at different levels of seniority, postgraduate researchers and international visiting fellows. The work of the Centre draws from a wide range of disciplines to investigate the processes and outcomes of company engagement in international operations and strategic marketing ventures.
Our research projects span various disciplinary areas including: marketing, international business, strategic management, cross-cultural consumer behaviour, and sustainability. We channel ideas and insights from these fields in order to better understand how organisations can derive competitive advantage from their marketing activities and cross-border collaboration.
Our model of operating is based upon teamwork, both amongst academic researchers working on major projects and also between academics and business and public policy decision makers in the co-creation of new ideas that can facilitate knowledge development and exchange. A notable feature of GLOSMARC is the level of co-operation between academics and business managers from all over the world.
- Editorial boards - Centre members have editorial roles within Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of International Marketing, Industrial Marketing Managament, and Journal of Business Reseach. In addition to presenting papers at conferences, Centre members also chair tracks and deliver keynote speeches at prestigious academic conferences such as the annual American Marketing Association, Academy of Marketing Science, and European Marketing Academy conferences
- Academic conferences - In June 2018 we were delighted to welcome delegates to the 53rd Annual AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium. The Consortium “The Power of Marketing in a Dynamic Global Economy” offered a forum for sharing ideas and learning that is designed to spark creativity and collaboration
- Awards - GLOSMARC members edit leading academic journals in their fields and sit on the editorial boards of: Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of International Marketing, International Marketing Review, Journal of Management Studies, British Journal of Management, Management International Review, Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Marketing Management, amongst others
- Marketing Research Camp - Professor Constantine S Katsikeas was the recipient of the Hans B. Thorelli 5-Year Research Award by the American Marketing Association Foundation for the best article that advances international marketing theory or practice in the Journal of International Marketing; and the S. Tamer Cavusgil Award for the Best Paper that advances the practice of international marketing management, published in the 1999 volume of Journal of International Marketing
GLOSMARC members are actively involved in a whole host of major research projects. Indicative projects include:
- External and internal factors influencing global marketing strategies and performance outcomes
- Drivers of successful export market ventures
- Building effective trust-based international buyer–seller relationships
- Establishing and managing international strategic alliances
- Developing sustainable, green marketing strategies
- The impact of country-of-origin on consumer behaviour and marketing practices
- Resources and capabilities shaping positional advantages and performance
- Consumers’ knowledge of pricing strategies in cross-border retail expansion
- New product development processes in Chinese entrepreneurial ventures
- Determinants and performance consequences of supply chain integration