Prof Dayananda Palihawadana
- Position: Professor of Marketing
- Areas of expertise: Ethnicity and Marketing; Ethical issues in marketing, International Marketing; Export Marketing
- Email: D.Palihawadana@lubs.leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4804
- Location: 1.07 LUBS
PhD in Marketing, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
MSc in International Marketing, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
BSc (Hons) in Economics, University of Colombo, Colombo
Diploma in Computer Systems Design, NIBM, Colombo
2014 to date: Professor of Marketing Education, Leeds University Business School
2001 - 2014: Senior Lecturer in Marketing, Leeds University Business School
2003-2005: Visiting Professor, Assumption University, Thailand
2002-2003: Visiting Faculty, Hull University Business School
1998-2001: Visiting Professor, IIBR, University of Pune, India
1989-2001: Senior Lecturer in Marketing, Leeds Metropolitan University
1987-1989: Visiting Lecturer in Marketing Research, Glasgow Caledonian University
1987-89: Part-time Lecturer in Marketing, Central College of Commerce, Glasgow
1986-1989: Teaching Assistant, University of Strathclyde
1981-1985: Management Consultant, NIBM Sri Lanka
1980-1981: Programmer/Analyst, NIBM Sri Lanka
Responsible for Learning and Teaching in Marketing both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Programme Director MSc International Marketing Management and MSc Strategic Marketing and Services Management.
University Subject representative for Marketing at Trinity and All Saints College
Module Manager for Marketing Research and International Marketing modules
PhD Examiner - both internal and external
Teaching and supervision of masters level students
Supervision of doctoral students
Ethnicity and Marketing
- Marketing Research module – MSc International Marketing Management and MA Corporate commitment Public Relations.
- International marketing module - MSc International Marketing Management and MA Advertising and Marketing.
- Research Methods – MSc International Marketing, MA Advertising & Marketing and MA CorporateCommuncations and Public Relations.
- Global Marketing and Export Management - MBA.
- Contributing to Services Marketing - MSc International Marketing Management.