- Position: Lecturer (Assistant Professor) of Marketing
- Areas of expertise: International Marketing; Innovation; Sales Management; Marketing Strategy; Econometric Modelling; Data Analytics; Emerging Markets
- Email: S.Banerjee1@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3058
- Location: G.04 Maurice Keyworth Building
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate
Dr. Sourindra Banerjee is a Lecturer (.i.e. Assistant Professor equivalent) of Marketing at Leeds University Business School, University of Leeds. Dr. Banerjee specializes in understanding 1) how emerging market firms grow through international expansion and innovation; 2) how to improve the effectiveness of salespeople.
Dr. Banerjee’s research has been published in Journal of Marketing, Journal of Product Innovation Management, International Marketing Review, Journal of Management Inquiry and Journal of Business Research. Dr. Banerjee's article in Journal of Marketing, was a finalist for the prestigious 2016 Marketing Science Institute/H. Paul Root Award for significant contribution to the advancement of the practice of marketing. The Journal of Marketing article received media mentions in Wall Street Journal, Economic Times, Hindustan Times, Science Daily, Physics.org, London Business School webpage, Cambridge Judge Business School webpage and was featured as a cover article of Warwick Business School Core Magazine.
Prior to joining Leeds University Business School, Dr. Banerjee was an Assistant Professor at Warwick Business School. Dr. Banerjee received his PhD from Judge Business School, University of Cambridge and was a visiting scholar for a year at the Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, Los Angeles. He also holds an MSc in International Marketing Management (with distinction) from Leeds University Business School, University of Leeds; an MBA from Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, India and a Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India. During his MSc and PhD in the UK, Dr. Banerjee received several scholarships like the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust Scholarship, British Petroleum Scholarship, Smuts Memorial Scholarship and the Maurice Keyworth Scholarship.
Dr. Banerjee’s research addresses managerially relevant questions in Intenational Marketing, Innovation and Sales Management by applying cutting edge econometric models on large empirical datasets. These datasets are collected from India, Bangladesh, UK and Germany.
- PhD University of Cambridge
- MSc International Marketing Management, University of Leeds
- MBA Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, India
- Bachelor of Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
- American Marketing Association
Marketing Strategy in MSc International Marketing Management
Marketing Strategy in MSc Consumer Analytics and Marketing Strategy
Research groups and institutes
- Global and Strategic Marketing Research Centre