Dr. Vasileios (Bill) Davvetas
Vasileios (Bill) Davvetas is an Associate Professor of Marketing and Programme Director of the MSc in International Marketing Management at Leeds University Business School. Before joining LUBS, he worked as a Research and Teaching Assistant at the Chair of International Marketing at the University of Vienna.
He holds a BSc in Marketing and Communication from the Athens University of Economics and Business (2010) and an MSc (Distinction) in Business Analytics from Warwick Business School (2012). He completed his PhD (Suma Cum Laude) at the Faculty of Economics, Business and Statistics at the University of Vienna (2017). His doctoral studies focused on consumers’ cognitive, affective and behavioral responses to perceived brand globalness and localness and the determinants of consumer preference for global and local brands. His doctoral thesis has been funded by the Austrian National Bank Anniversary Fund and awarded with the Doctoral Dissertation State Award of Excellence 2016/17 by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Science, Research and Economy.
His work has been presented and awarded in several international conferences such as the American Marketing Association Conference, European Marketing Academy Conference, and the Academy of International Business Conference. His research has been published in leading marketing journals such as the International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of International Marketing, Journal of Business Research, International Marketing Review, European Journal of Marketing, Psychology & Marketing and Industrial Marketing Management. He is a member of the European Marketing Academy and the Americal Marketing Association, he serves as a member of the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of International Marketing and ad-hoc reviewer for a number of academic marketing journals and conferences.
- Programme Director - MSc International Marketing Management
- Communications Manager for the Marketing Department
- Marketplace (anti)globalization: global/local branding, country of origin effects, national stereotyping, cross-cultural consumer psychology
- Immigration and marketing: immigrants as consumers, co-producers and service providers
- Global crises, consumers and institutions: impact of COVID-19 on consumption tendencies, crisis communications, institutional trust
- Strategic firm orientations: green marketing orientation, brand orientation, internal brand orientation
- Consumer decision making: regret theory, donation behavior, political ideology and consumption decisions
- Methods: psychometrics, scale development, structural equations modeling, experimental research
- Ph.D. in Management (International Marketing), University of Vienna, Austria
- MSc in Business Analytics and Consulting, Warwick Business School, UK
- BSc in Marketing and Communication, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
Module leading and teaching at Undergraduate level:
LUBS3190 International Marketing (2017-2022)
- Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence 2017-18
Module leading and teaching at Postgraduate level:
LUBS5462 Global Marketing (2017-2022)
Module leading and teaching at Doctoral level:
LUBS5283 Advanced Quantitative Research Methods (2017-2022)
Research groups and institutes
- Global and Strategic Marketing Research Centre