Dr Verdiana Giannetti
- Position: Lecturer in Marketing
- Areas of expertise: Marketing Strategy; Product Innovation; International New Product Launch Decisions; Product Recalls
- Email: V.Giannetti@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6489
- Location: 1.03 18 Lyddon Terrace
Dr. Verdiana Giannetti is a Lecturer (i.e., Assistant Professor) of Marketing at Leeds University Business School, University of Leeds. Dr. Giannetti research interests lie in the broad domain of empirical marketing strategy, with a particular focus on product innovation. More specifically, her current projects focus on (1) international new product launch decisions and on (2) the antecedents and consequences of product-harm crises.
Dr. Giannetti research has been published or is about to be published in the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science and the Journal of International Marketing. One of her research projects won the Winter AMA 2017 Best Paper Award by theme (Marketing To and Around the World). She has presented her work at leading academic conferences such as the ISMS Marketing Science Conference, the PDMA Research Forum, and the Winter AMA Conference. Dr Giannetti was a AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow (2018).
Verdiana Giannetti received her PhD in Business Administration and Management (concentration in Marketing) from Bocconi University in Milan and was a visiting PhD Candidate at the Red McCombs School of Business, The University of Texas at Austin. She also holds a MSc in Marketing Management (with distinction) and a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration and Management (with distinction) both from Bocconi University.
Marketing Strategy; Product Innovation; International New Product Launch Decisions; Product Recalls
- PhD in Business Administration and Management, Bocconi University (2018)
- MSc in Marketing Management (with distinction), Bocconi University (2011)
- Bachelor in Business Administration and Management (with distinction), Bocconi University (2009)
- American Marketing Association
- European Marketing Association
Research groups and institutes
- Global and Strategic Marketing Research Centre