Staff and PhD researchers
Dr Mohammad Ahammad
Associate Professor of International Business
|Room 1.13, 14-20 Cromer Terrace||+44 (0) 113 343 5409||Profile Email|
Dr Murod Aliyev
University Academic Fellow in International Business
|Room G.15, 10-12 Cromer Terrace||+44 (0) 113 343 2637||Profile Email|
Dr Christos Antoniou
Assistant Professor in Education
(Senior Teaching Fellow in International Business)
|Room 1.19, 10-12 Cromer Terrace||+44 (0) 113 343 4510||Profile Email|
Dr Gideon Azumah
Senior Teaching Fellow
|Room 2.01, 20 Cromer Terrace||+44 (0) 113 343 0260||Profile Email|
Dr Giles Blackburne
Associate Professor of International Business (Education)
|Room 1.20, 10-12, Cromer Terrace||+44 (0) 113 343 3557||Profile Email|
Prof Peter Buckley
Professor of International Business and Founder Director of CIBUL,
Founder Director of the Business Confucius Institute at the University of Leeds
|Room 1.09, 14-20 Cromer Terrace||+44 (0) 113 343 4646||Profile Email|
Prof L Jeremy Clegg
Jean Monnet Professor of European Integration and International Business Management
|Room G.11, 14-20 Cromer Terrace||+44 (0) 113 343 4512||Profile Email|
Prof Timothy Devinney
Leadership Chair in International Business
|Room G.01, 14-20 Cromer Terrace||0113 (0) 343 2245||Profile Email|
|Name||Visiting Title||Visit End Date||Name of Supervisor|
|Lichao Wu||Visiting Research Fellow||10.08.18||Annie Wei|
|John Barton||Visiting Research Fellow||30.06.21||Jeremy Clegg|
|Hafiz Mirza||Visiting Professor||31.08.19||Peter Buckley|
|Christian Geisler Asmussen||Visiting Professor||31.08.19||Peter Buckley; Mario Kafouros|
|Pekka Vahetera||Visiting Lecturer||30.09.19||Annie Wei|
|Conor McDonald||Visiting Lecturer||04.11.19||Annie Wei|
|Michael Brian Griffiths||Visiting Research Fellow||28.02.20||Hinrich Voss & Jeremy Clegg|
|Joung Yul Lee||Visiting Senior Research Fellow||30.05.20||Ellen Wang|
|Miguel Matos Torres||Visiting Senior Research Fellow||31.08.20||Jeremy Clegg|
|Igor Kalinic||Visiting Senior Research Fellow||15.09.20||Jeremy Clegg|
Completed PhD students
- 2010 - 2014
- Dr Liz Mason (2014): "The effect of a national institutional system of intellectual property protection and enforcement (ISI) on the intellectual property management strategies of firms: The case of India and China".
- Dr Pekka Vahtera (2014): "How Intra-firm Networks Create Value and Liabilities in Micro-level Processes of Global Virtual Teams".
- Dr Conor McDonald (2014): "The impact of subnational heterogeneity on foreign direct investment location decisions and the performance of foreign affiliates: The case of multinational enterprises in China".
- Eleni Piteli (2014) "Migrant remittances and economic performance: A global assessment of the impact of remittances on recipient countries".
- Jing Li (2014) "Venture capitalists' involvement and listed firm's foreign direct investment: an exploratory study on China experiences".
- Dr Surender Munjal (2013): "Foreign Acquisitions by Indian Multinational Enterprises: Testing and Extending Internationalisation Frameworks".
- Dr Chris Bond (2012): "The Influence of FDI on Worker Welfare in Qingdao, China"
- Dr Julia Kubny (2011): "Assessing the benefits of foreign direct investment from emerging economies: Chinese investment in Cambodia and Vietnam".
- Dr Daniella Fjellstrom (2011): "Motivation, Culture and Language in international knowledge transfer: Swedish multinational enterprises in China".
- Dr Nikolaos Papageorgiadis (2010) : "Towards an International Intellectual Property Rights Index"
- 2005 - 2009
- Dr Kamil Zbychorski (2009): "Multinational Enterprises' International Transfer Pricing Strategies in China".
- Dr Elizabeth Yi Wang (2009): "FDI spillovers in China - Regional Technological Spillovers and Local Competition", supervised by Jeremy Clegg, Peter Buckley and Chengqi Wang (external).
- Dr Michael Griffiths (2009): "Distinction: Consumption and Identity in the People's Republic of China", supervised by Malcolm Chapman, Adam Cross and Flemming Christiansen.
- Dr Wen Chung Hsu (2009): "Dose Outward FDI Really Hollow-out Home Economy? An Empirical Examination of the Case of Taiwan", supervised by Jeremy Clegg, and Chengqi Wang (external).
- Dr Eva Alföldi (2008): "Regional differentiation, dual mandates and inter-subsidiary knowledge transfer in the multinational enterprise", supervised by Jeremy Clegg, Hui Tan (external), Sarah McGaughey (external) and Syed Kamall (external).
- Dr Andreas Moosdorf (2008): "The determinants of international knowledge transfer effectiveness - conceptual advances and empirical verification."
- Dr Brandon Charleston (2008): "What are the cross cultural issues experienced by Ex-patriate managers working on aid projects in developing countries?", supervised by Malcolm Chapman and Hanna Gajewska-De Mattos.
- Dr Binh P Pham (2008): "Foreign direct investment in Viet Nam's Liberalising Telecommunications Services Market", supervised by Peter Buckley, Jeremy Clegg and Hui Tan (external).
- Dr Li Dong (2007): "National and corporate culture differences and the management of international strategic alliances: perceptions of Chinese partners", supervised by Jeremy Clegg, Tom Burgess, and Keith Glaister (External).
- Dr Ladislav Hersic (2007): "Foreign Direct Investments in Banking Sectors of Transitional Economies with special reference to Slovakia", supervised by Rumy Husan (External).
- Dr Hinrich Voss (2007): "The Foreign Direct Investment Behaviour of Chinese Firms: Does the 'New Institutional Theory' Approach Offer Explanatory Power?", supervised by Adam Cross and Peter Buckley.
- Dr Xin Liu (2007): "China's outward foreign direct investment", supervised by Hui Tan, Peter Buckley and Adam Cross.
- Dr Elko Klijn (2006): "Revisiting the Knowledge Transfer Process in International Strategic Alliances: The Role of Eloquent Capacity in Knowledge Acquisition", supervised by Hui Tan, Peter Buckley and Keith Glaister (External).
- Dr Mohd Moktar Tahar (2006): "Industrial Market Structure and Competitiveness of the Malaysian Manufacturing Sector: A Study on the Impact of Open Regionalism", supervised by Nicolas Forsans and Malcolm Chapman.
- Dr Vince Fitzsimmons (2006): "The impact of institutions on economic performance: with reference to the transition economies of Central and Eastern Europe", supervised by Rumy Husan (External).
- Dr Chen Meng (2005): "The Evolutionary Entry Strategies of Foreign Banks in China", supervised by Peter J. Buckley.
- 2004 and earlier
- Dr Mary Leung (2004): "Foreign Market Servicing Strategies of Services Industry in a Regulated Market: A Study of China's Telecommunications Services Market", supervised by Jeremy Clegg and Malcolm Chapman.
- Dr Lung Tan Lu (2003): "The impact of cultural distance on the management style and performance of Japanese and Taiwanese joint ventures with local partnerships", supervised by Peter J Buckley and Malcolm Chapman.
- Dr Simon Harris (2003): "National Values and Strategy formation by Business leaders", supervised by Peter J Buckley and Malcolm Chapman.
- Dr Chen Shih Ming (2003): "Dimensions of international joint venture activity: The case of Taiwanese joint ventures in Mainland China", supervised by K W Glaister.
- Dr Susan C. Scott-Green (2002): "Market Servicing Strategies of Multinational Banks in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland", supervised by Jeremy Clegg and Malcolm Chapman.
- Dr Hanna Gajewska-De Mattos (2002): "Mergers and Acquisitions in Poland: A Comparison of General Management Perceptions from Poland, Germany, and the UK", supervised by Malcolm Chapman and Jeremy Clegg.