Creating positive change through education
We use our research and expert knowledge to provide specialist inputs, modules and programmes that help to train the next generation of managers, practitioners and consultants.
Studying for a PhD with WBRC
Research is at the heart of what we do and we are passionate about sharing this enthusiasm with others. We have an active and growing PhD community within WBRC and our PhD students are part of the wider Business School doctoral programme, providing a supportive environment and access to structured training programmes.
We have high expectations of our PhD students and encourage them to stretch themselves during their time with us. We value research that pushes the boundaries of current knowledge, builds new theories, develops new methodologies or deals with novel practical problems. We help our students to:
- Consider how they can structure their research so that they can write their work up as papers throughout their PhD
- Provide opportunities and encouragement to network with key academics at other leading institutions and to attend conferences, helping them to establish their academic careers
- Work with other faculties and disciplines. We have a diverse set of research interests across WBRC, as well as experience of using a wide range of methodologies and of working with various public and private sector organisations. We recognise that not all challenges facing organisations are solvable by just one discipline and are happy to consider supervision with colleagues in other faculties and disciplines
Get in touch
If you have a strong academic track record, a keen interest in behaviour at work, care about making a difference and want to develop your research skills, then please get in touch.
Read through the research profiles of our staff to get a feel for our different interests and for inspiration as to the type of research that you could undertake with us. When you’re ready, please contact the Business School’s Graduate School who will be able to walk you through the application process and advise on opportunities for funding.
MBA and Executive Education
WBRC contributes to the delivery of the Business School’s Executive and Professional Education portfolio.
We are also happy to deliver in house learning packages for individual companies or to work with them to develop materials that meet their individual needs.
Masters programmes and modules
WBRC help to deliver specialist Masters courses including:
- MSc Business Psychology
- MA Human Resource Management
- MSc Management
- MSc Managment Consulting
- MSc Organizational Psychology
Browse our student and alumni profiles to find out where the programmes could take you in your careers and hear from past and current students' experiences of Leeds.
We lead a number of modules across our undergraduate management programmes that help students learn about organisational behaviour, leadership, corporate social responsibility and research methods.
We think these topics are vital if managers are to understand how to not only get the most out of their teams, but also to understand how to support and encourage them to realise their potential. We also supervise undergraduate dissertations, helping our students to take their interests further and to research a topic of their choice.