Dr. Anna Viragos
- Position: Lecturer in Organizational Psychology and Personal Development
- Areas of expertise: Organizational behaviour; organizational psychology; job design; job crafting; proactive behaviours; prosocial behaviours; OCB; employee performance; green behaviours; diversity
- Email: A.Viragos@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0604
- Location: G.15 Charles Thackrah building
- Website: LinkedIn | Researchgate | ORCID
2019 October-present: Lecturer in Organizational Psychology and Personal Development
2018 March-present: Joint Subject Group Leader for the Enhancing Management Learning (EML) Subject Group
2017 September-2019 September:Teaching Fellow at Leeds University Business School.
Hill, L., & Viragos, A. (2020). Book Review: Internationalization and Employability in Higher Education By Robert Coelen and Cate Gribble (Editors). New York, NY: Routledge, 2019. 262 pages, paperback. Academy of Management Learning & Education.
- Costantini, A., Ceschi, A, Viragos, A., De Paola, F., Sartori, R. (2019). The role of a new strength-based intervention on organisation-based self-esteem and work engagement: A three-wave intervention study, Journal of Workplace Learning, 31 (3), pp.194-206, https://doi.org/10.1108/JWL-07-2018-0091
- Smith, N., Viragos, A. (2021). A mismatch between programme of study and interests. What can we do? UKAT Annual Conference.
- Zaman, T., Viragos, A., Zygiaris, S. (2020). One frame at a time: The dynamics of a change project, end-users and digitally transformed United Kingdom National Health Service (NHS). Academy of Management Conference.
- Mottershaw, S., Viragos, A., Smith, N., & Braham, J. (2019). Personal tutorial models: Attendance and Engagement. British Academy of Management Management, Knowledge, Education Conference, York
- Viragos, A., Leach, D.J., & Davis, M.C. (2018). The role of Task Prosocial Job Crafting in predicting supervisor ratings of performance. British Academy of Management Conference, Bristol.
- Viragos, A., Leach, D. J., & Davis, M.C. (2017). Investigating Job Crafting from a prosocial perspective: The development and validation of the Prosocial Job Crafting Measure. European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology Conference, Dublin.
- Viragos, A., Leach, D. J. & Davis, M.C. (2016). Investigating Job Crafting from a prosocial perspective. IWP International Conference, Sheffield.
- Unsworth, K., Pieniazek, R., & Viragos, A. (2016) Objective Measures: The Good, the Bad, and the Alternatives”. British Academy of Management Conference, Newcastle.
- Viragos, A., Leach, D. J. & Davis, M.C. (2015). Prosocial Job Crafting. British Psychological Society, Division of Occupational Psychology, Glasgow.
Awards and scholarships:
- 2019: Award for Outstanding Academic Performance for my PhD thesis from the University of Leeds
- 2018: Award for Best Full Paper in Organizational Psychology, British Academy of Management Conference, Bristol. https://business.leeds.ac.uk/research-wbrc/news/article/112/postgraduate-researcher-anna-viragos-wins-best-paper-award
- 2014: University Research Scholarship from the University of Leeds
- 2014: Award for Outstanding MSc Dissertation, Leeds University Business School
- 2013: Maurice Keyworth MSc Scholarship from Leeds University Business School
- 2009: ISEP Scholarship from San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, USA.
- 2007: ERASMUS Scholarship to the Martin Luther University, Halle, Germany.
- Joint Subject Group Leader for the Enhancing Management Learning (EML) group
- Co-chair for the Management Research Seminar Series (MRSS) in LUBS
- PhD in Organizational Psychology, LUBS
- MSc in Organizational Psychology (Distinction), LUBS
- MA in Psychology, University of Debrecen
- BA in Psychology, University of Debrecen
- Chartered Psychologist of BPS, Full member of Division of Occupational Psychology
- Fellow of the HEA (FHEA)
- Chartered Management & Business Educator (CMBE)
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- Advisory Board member for UKAT
- RQTU (BPS)
- British Academy of Management (BAM)
After teaching for two years as a Teaching Assistant, I started as a Teaching Fellow at Leeds University Business School in 2017 and became a Lecturer in 2019. I have been teaching in areas such as of research design and analysis, organizational behaviour, occupational psychology, academic and management skills, personal development, and employability.
As a Teaching Fellow, I was the module leader for two PG modules for the MSc Business/Organizational Psychology programme in the 2017/18 academic year: LUBS5395M Research Design and Analysis and LUBS5393M Managing Performance and Developing Careers. I was the module leader for the UG module LUBS2055 Academic and Management skills in the academic year 2018/2019. In these two years I was also teaching on a number of additional UG and PG modules such as LUBS1850 Organizational Behaviour, LUBS1086 Exploring Your Potential, LUBS2085 Developing Your Potential, LUBS2910 Management Research and Analysis, LUBS5385M Systems Thinking and Consulting Practice, and LUBS5988M Research Design and Analysis, LUBS5397M Advanced Behavioural Research Design and Analysis.
I am a Lecturer since 2019 September, and currently the module leader for the PG module LUBS5315M Occupational Psychology for the MA HRM Programme. I am also teaching on the modules LUBS2910 Management Research and Analysis, LUBS5385M Systems Thinking and Consulting Practice, LUBS5988M Research Design and Analysis, LUBS5966M Research Design and Analysis for Management, and joint coordinator for the MSc Management Dissertation module LUBS5959M.
I am also a Personal Tutor for several UG students and working as a placement tutor for students who are completing their year in industry. I supervise both UG and PG dissertations, and I am one of the PhD supervisors for a PGR, Sanjay Popat: https://business.leeds.ac.uk/faculty/pgr/1050/sanjay-popat
Research groups and institutes
- Workplace Behaviour Research Centre