Dr. Barbara Körner
- Position: Lecturer in Organisational Behaviour
- Areas of expertise: Work and stress (e.g., overqualification, job insecurity, and daily stressors) and related organisational behaviour; Recruitment and newcomer research; Longitudinal and daily diary reserach
- Email: B.Koerner@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 2.12 Charles Thackrah
Barbara is a Lecturer in Organisational Behaviour at Leeds University Business School. Before joining the Business School, she worked as a Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Zurich, where she also completed her PhD in 2021.
Barbara is particularly interested in how employees deal with the adverse effects of workplace stressors and how individual and organisational resources can support employees in their daily work life. Within this field, Barbara's interests include research on perceived overqualification and other precarious work situations, interruptions and incivility as typically daily work stressors, and research on organisational reputation and newcomer onboarding.
- 2021 - PhD in Psychology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- 2015 - MSc in Psychology, Ulm University, Germany
- 2013 - BSc in Psychology, Ulm University, Germany
Currently, I teach postgraduate and undergraduate modules on organisational behaviour and advanced statistical methods and supervise undergrad and postgraduate theses.
Research groups and institutes
- Workplace Behaviour Research Centre