Dr. Barbara Körner
- Position: Lecturer in Organisational Behaviour
- Areas of expertise: Work and stress; economic stressors; organisational socialisation and newcomer research; employee reaction and recruitment research; longitudinal and daily diary research designs
- Email: B.Koerner@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 2.12 Charles Thackrah
Barbara is a lecturer in Organisational Behaviour at Leeds University Business School. Before joining the Business School, she worked as a Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Zurich, where she also completed her PhD in 2021.
Barbara is particularly interested in how employees deal with the adverse effects of workplace stressors and how individual and organisational resources can support employees in their daily work life. Within this field, Barbara's interests include research on perceived overqualification and other precarious work situations, interruptions and incivility as typically daily work stressors, and research on organisational reputation and newcomer onboarding.
- 2021 - PhD in Psychology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- 2015 - MSc in Psychology, Ulm University, Germany
- 2013 - BSc in Psychology, Ulm University, Germany
Module Leader LUBS 5397 Advanced Behavioural Research Design and Analysis
Research groups and institutes
- Workplace Behaviour Research Centre