The Supply Chain Council is made up of members from the University of Leeds and other research institutions, government bodies and businesses involved in various aspects of supply chain management.
The aims of the Council are to:
- Bridge the gap between academia and industry
- Develop and share the latest thinking and knowledge in supply chain management
- Promote a holistic approach to supply chains
- Make supply chain an existing and valid career choice
- Address current issues in supply chain management with the aim of developing new research initiatives to address these issues
The Council holds quarterly meetings and an annual summit for members and invited guests. Breakfast seminars on specific topics are held throughout the year for members and the wider public.
Professionals and researchers interested in supply chain management and local economies are welcome to join as council members and benefit from networking, knowledge sharing, funding and commercial opportunities, and access to the latest research insights from our publications, blogs and resources.
The Council is chaired by Professor Chee Yew Wong. We have members from a wide variety of organisations including: Yorkshire Water, British Steel, Turner & Townsend and Leeds Enterprise Partnership.
Supply Chain Council summits
The second supply chain summit took place at Yorkshire Water’s headquarters in Bradford, in May 2016.
The following Supply Chain Council members and guests presented at the summit:
- Andy Clark, Head of Procurement & Contract Management, Yorkshire Water
- Professor Chee Yew Wong, Professor Supply Chain Management, Leeds University Business School
- Frank Ashton, Leeds City Region LEP Supply Chain Lead, Founder and Director, Uppards (Consulting) Ltd
- Bill Timms, Process Improvements Manager, Tata Steel
- Professor Richard Baker, Head of Supplier Engineering, Rolls-Royce Aviation, Aerospace Royal Academy of Engineering Visiting Professor in Engineering Supply Chain Innovation
- Jillian Lillico, Managing Director, Demeter Developments.
The first summit was held in March 2015 at Weetwood Hall, Leeds. Click on the links below to view the presentations made at the inaugural summit.
- Chee Yew Wong: Opening Address
- Chee Yew Wong: Lego Supply Chain - Lessons Learnt
- Joe Sandor: Keynote Address
- Terry Kendrick and Keith Niblett: Education for Supply Chain Executives
- Neil Harriman: Linking Supply Chain Education to Job Profiles & Skills
- Paul Kelly: Making Supply Chain Collaboration Work - Cultural and Change Issues
- Paul Brooks: Developing Supply Chain Talent
The date for the next meeting will be announced shortly.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Supply Chain Council or would like some further information, please contact Professor Chee Yew Wong (email@example.com) or Hannah Preston (firstname.lastname@example.org)