Adaptation Information Management and Technology (AIMTech) is an interdisciplinary research centre interested in the inter-relationship between new technologies and information systems, innovation, information management and organisational change.
As a group we have a successful track record of undertaking research and evaluation projects since 2002. To see our members' publications please visit our staff directory.
Our research tackles organisational and societal challenges, in collaboration with industry and the public sector. We deliver insight, knowledge and impact with studies of organisational change, and evaluation and design of information services and systems.
We are committed to and value on-going transfer of knowledge with both the public and the private sectors.
Activity Theory forms a theoretical bedrock for many of our research and projects. Our unit of analysis is the activity (the overall socio-technical system), with a focus on technologies and instruments that mediate the achievement of people and organisational goals.
AIMTech delivers dedicated teaching on Information Systems and contributes to undergraduate, Masters, MBA and PhD programmes at Leeds University Business School:
- BA Business Management
- BA Business Management with Marketing
- MSc Management
- MSc Digital Information Management and Systems Innovation
- The Leeds MBA
- Research degrees/PhD
Partnerships and collaborations
We offer commercial services, partnerships and opportunities for collaborations including:
- Knowledge transfer – research consortia and collaborative projects
- Consultancy, eg for information systems requirements analysis and evaluation of implementation of new technology
- Executive and Professional Education
- Developing Activity Theory in Information Systems (DATIS) workshops
AIMTech Advisory Group
The AIMTech research centre Advisory Group meets regularly at the Business School to share experiences of digital businesses, advise on key areas for teaching and research, and plan collaborations. Members of the group support teaching and research activities through guest lectures and seminars, co-supervision of doctoral students, hosting students’ dissertation projects, and site visits. AIMTech advisory group is made up of a the following industry leaders:
- Ian Cotrell, Director of Broadcast Distribution & Services, ITV. Responsible for services across the distribution supply chains, partners for broadcast and international channels
- Adam Hosker, Commerical Director, Littlefish, and CEO of a start-up in the development phase looking at AI in customer service
- Kees Nieuwenhuis, Thales Nederland, CTO Office. Involved in Smart Industry and Digital Transformation
- Taran Sohal, Director and co-fouding member of Cloud2
- Simon Wood, Head of IT Operations, M&S.com