- PhD in Accounting & Finance, University of Glasgow.
- MSc in Banking & Finance. University of Sussex.
- BA. in Public Administration, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
- Charted Financial Analyst(CFA)—passed all 3 levels of CFA exams, needs working experience to become a chartered holder.
- Financial Risk Manager(FRM)—Certified FRM by GARP.
John is currently a Teaching Fellow in Banking and Finance at Leeds University Business School. Prior to joining Leeds University Business School, John was employed as a Strategic Consultant at Bayer Healthcare in Beijing.
- Financial reporting
- Corporate governance
- Competition or manipulation? An empirical evidence of determinants of the earnings persistence of the U.S. banks. Journal of Banking and Finance. (Forthcoming) (with C. Hung, H. Liu and H. Tu)
- Bank Political Connections and Performance in China. Journal of Financial Stability, 32 pp.57-69, 2017(with H. Liu, C. Hung, H. Tu and Wang. S)
- The Basel III net stable funding ratio adjustment speed and systemic risk. Research in International Business and Finance. 39 pp. 169- 182,2017 (with Ly. C. K, Chen. Z, Wang. S)