Dr. Selorm Agbleze
- Position: Lecturer in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Areas of expertise: The behavioural theory of the firm; Informal firms; Firm formalization; Entrepreneurship in resource-scarce contexts
- Email: S.Agbleze@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: G26 Charles Thackrah Building
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Selorm Agbleze (PhD, FHEA) is a Lecturer in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship at Leeds University Business School. He was recently awarded a PhD (Strategy and Entrepreneurship) from Copenhagen Business School, Denmark. He also holds a Master of Philosophy and Bachelor of Science (Hons) from the University of Ghana. Before his PhD, he worked as Ghana Country Coordinator for the Social Innovation Research Lab, Schulich Business School, York University, Canada and as a Lecturer at Ghana Communication Technology University.
Selorm's research focuses on decision-making in the presence of institutional incongruence. In his most recent works, he explores the formalization decision of informal firms. Guided by the question - how does the bounded rationality of the decision-makers shape firm formalization decisions? This stream of research seeks to extend our current understanding of when and why informal firms formalize. To this end, Selorm employs different data and methodologies to propose and test a behavioural perspective of firm formalization. On the whole, he employs the behavioural theory of the firm, institutional theory, and social embeddedness concepts.
- PhD (Strategy & Entrepreuneurship), Copenhagen Business School
- MPhil Marketing, University of Ghana
- BSc (Hons) Agricultural Economics, University of Ghana
- Academy of Management
- Africa Academy of Management
- Higher Education Academy (now Advance HE)
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies