We are a leading international business school, recognised globally for our excellence in teaching and impactful research.
When making your decision on where to study there are lots of factors you will want to consider. On this page you can find out more about the rankings that matter to you:
Business School and University rankings and league tables
Leeds University Business School is also a faculty of the University of Leeds, one of the leading higher education institutions in the UK, ranked in the top 100 universities in the world (QS rankings 2023) and a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive UK universities.
QS World University Rankings
- The University of Leeds was ranked 86th in the QS World University Rankings 2023, placing us in the top 6% of institutions globally.
- Business and Management studies ranked 67th globally in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023.
- Accounting and Finance has been ranked in the top 150 globally and joint 15th in the UK by the QS World University by Subject 2023.
- Leeds is ranked joint-9th in the UK by the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022.
- Leeds is ranked joint 55th globally and 14th in the UK by the QS World University Rankings: Sustainability.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023
- The University of Leeds placed 128th in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2023.
- For the business and economics subject area Leeds is ranked 13th in the UK and 97th in the world.
- Using data from the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023, the University of Leeds is ranked 31st in the THE Most International Universities in the World 2023.
Complete University Guide League Tables 2023
The University of Leeds is ranked 22nd overall in the Complete University Guide 2024 league tables. In subject areas the Business School has placed 5th for Marketing, 6th for Accounting and Finance, 11th for Economics and 11th for Business and Management.
The Guardian Good University Guide 2023
The Guardian University Guide 2023 ranked Leeds University Business School:
- 9th in the UK for Accounting and Finance
- 10th in the UK for Business and Management
- 15th in the UK for Economics
- 7th in the UK for Marketing and PR
The University of Leeds is ranked 20th.
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
The University of Leeds has been ranked 23rd in The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023.
In the following Business School subject league tables, Leeds University Business School was placed:
- 5th for Accounting and Finance
- Joint 12th for Economics
- Joint 16th for Business, Management and Marketing
ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2022
- The University of Leeds has been placed 1st in the UK and 16th globally for Business Administration.
- The Economics subject area was also ranked in the top 76-100 globally.
The High Fliers report - ‘The Graduate Market in 2022’
The Graduate Market in 2023 report, produced by High Fliers, shows Leeds is the 6th most targeted UK university by graduate recruiters.
Each year we enter our MBA and Masters programmes in a number of leading global rankings. We are regularly world ranked by the Financial Times, QS and The Economist.
The Leeds MBA
- The QS Global MBA Rankings 2023 ranked the Leeds MBA 12th in the UK and joint 37th in Europe.
- The Economist 2022 Which MBA? Rankings placed the Leeds MBA 76th in the world and 6th in the UK.
- CEO Magazine Global MBA Rankings 2023 has named Leeds University Business School as a ‘Tier One’ ranked Business School.
- In the 2023 QS Business Masters Rankings, the MSc Management programme has been ranked 12th in the UK and 78th globally.
- In the 2023 QS Business Masters Rankings, MSc Business Analytics and Decision Sciences programme has been ranked 9th in the UK and in the top 80 globally.
- The Economist 2021 Masters in Management Rankings, placed MSc Management 6th in the UK and 37th globally.
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021
- The Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021 deemed 90% of the Business School’s submitted research to be either ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ overall.
- In their assessment of the REF 2021 results, Times Higher Education has placed the University of Leeds 5th in the UK for ‘research power’ in the business and management studies unit of assessment. 108 entries are included in their rankings. Research power relates to both the quality and the size of output delivered by research institutions.