- 17:30 - 20:00
- Leeds University Business School, Maurice Keyworth Building, Lecture Theatre G.02
The Leadership Foundation, Women onto Boards series of events support and encourage more women in higher education to consider becoming board members either in universities or in other sectors. In a diverse and competitive world, it is essential to bring the best talent to the Leadership Foundation boards and this talent know exists across race, gender, disability or social background.
This reception will showcase the current benefits and opportunities for women thinking about serving on a higher/further education or on a non-executive body in other sectors, whether as an independent or staff governor. The event will be chaired by a current woman board member and include a panel consisting of serving experienced and new board members.
The aim of the event is to:
- Provide information, encouragement and connections to support women considering a board role
- Create a talent pool for HEIs to access when they start to recruit new board members
- Provide a platform for women to explore topics of boardroom diversity
- Generate opportunities to network
For further details and to register for this event, please visit the Leadership Foundation website.
Please note there is a charge of £45 to attend.
The Chair and panelists for the Leeds reception will be:
- Professor Cathy Cassell, Deputy Dean, Leeds University Business School - Chair
- Fiona Hathorn, Chair, Women on Boards
- Professor Shearer West, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Sheffield
- Justine Andrew, Senior Governor, Leeds Trinity University