- Position: Associate Professor of Marketing
- Areas of expertise: International Marketing; Innovation; Sales Management; Marketing Strategy; Social Media Dynamics; Econometric Modelling; Data Analytics; Emerging Markets
- Email: S.Banerjee1@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3058
- Location: G.04 18 Lyddon Terrace
- Website: | Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate
Dr. Sourindra Banerjee is an Associate Professor of Marketing at Leeds University Business School, University of Leeds. Dr. Banerjee specializes in understanding 1) how firms grow through international expansion and innovation; 2) how to improve the effectiveness of salespeople; and 3) how firms can effectively use social media.
Dr. Banerjee’s research has been published in Journal of Marketing (2015 and 2020), Journal of Product Innovation Management (2019 and 2023), Research Policy (2023), Management International Review (2023), Journal of Business Research (2017), Industrial Marketing Management (2023), International Marketing Review (2018) and Journal of Management Inquiry (2017).
Dr. Banerjee’s research has received several accolades. Some of the notable accolades are:
- American Marketing Association’s Excellence in Global Marketing Research Award
- American Marketing Association’s Innovation, Technology and Interactivity Award for Best Research Paper
- Dean’s Highly Commended Best Journal Article Award
- Finalist for American Marketing Association’s Sheth Foundation Journal of Marketing Award
- Finalist for American Marketing Association’s 2020 H. Paul Root Award
- Finalist for American Marketing Association’s 2016 H. Paul Root Award
External Media Engagement
Dr. Banerjee's 2015 article in Journal of Marketing, has received media mentions in Wall Street Journal, Economic Times, Business Standard, Phys.org, One India, Science Daily, India Empire, India TV News, SME Times, EurekAlert!, Times Ascent, BizEd, Prweb, Hankyung Job & Joy, London Business School Webpage, Cambridge Judge Business School webpage, Cambridge Business Magazine, CJBS Insight, Cambridge Executive and Professional Education, Warwick Business School webpage and was featured as a cover article of Warwick Business School Core Magazine.
Dr. Banerjee’s 2020 article in Journal of Marketing received media mentions on the webpage of American Marketing Association; on INSEAD Knowledge; on the webpage of Imperial College Business School; on the webpage of Keller Center for Research at Baylor University; on the research and innovation blogs (blog1 and blog2) of Leeds University Business School, and on the Marketing News of Leeds University Business School and from across the world in Netherlands, South Africa, Brazil and Nigeria. Slides for this article can be found here. This article become one of the most read articles in Journal of Marketing. American Marketing Association recommends this paper for Social Media Marketing Courses. A discussion on how the findings of this paper have been relevant in one of the leading CPG brands can be found here.
The 2019 article in Journal of Product Innovation Management was featured on Global Development Blog and on the research and innovation blog of Leeds University Business School.
Prior to joining Leeds University Business School, Dr. Banerjee was an Assistant Professor at Warwick Business School. Dr. Banerjee received his PhD from Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge and was a visiting scholar for a year at the Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, Los Angeles. Dr. Banerjee received several scholarships like the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust Scholarship, British Petroleum Scholarship, Smuts Memorial Scholarship and the Maurice Keyworth Scholarship.
- Chair of Marketing Division Advisory Board
Dr. Banerjee’s research addresses managerially relevant questions in Intenational Marketing, Innovation, Sales Management and Social Media Dynamics by applying cutting edge econometric models on large empirical datasets. These datasets are collected from India, Bangladesh, UK, USA, Korea and Germany.
- PhD University of Cambridge
- MSc International Marketing Management (with Distinction), University of Leeds
- MBA Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, India
- Bachelor of Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
- American Marketing Association
- Marketing Science Institute
- Academy of International Business
Global Marketing Management in MBA
Marketing Strategy in MSc International Marketing Management
Marketing Strategy in MSc Consumer Analytics and Marketing Strategy
Research groups and institutes
- Global and Strategic Marketing Research Centre