ISABC aims to contribute to achieving the “Research and Innovation Strategy” for the University of Leeds that is designed to support the delivery of the University’s “2020-30 Strategic Plan”.
ISABC intends to connect the best academic minds with corporate partners and the public sector, bringing together foresight of grand challenges in South Asia with an in-depth understanding of business challenges. In addition, ISABC aims to promote the interest of Indian and South Asian businesses and students in the UK.
The objectives of the centre are:
- Undertaking research projects aiming to explore sustainability, grand challenges, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Global Value Chain (GVC) and Internationalization of SMEs and MNEs from South Asia.
- Enhancing corporate engagement with local businesses and associations operating from Leeds and UK having interest in South Asia
- Building relationship with public bodies, such as the Department of International Trade, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the Commonwealth Secretariat, West Yorkshire Combined Authority, Norther Asian Power (NAP), Yorkshire Asian Business Association (YABA) and others.
- Forging relationships with the High Commissions and Consulates of the South Asian countries in the UK.
- Facilitate staff and student exchange programmes with higher education institutions in the South Asia.
- Organise events such as seminars, panel discussions, conference to disseminate research findings among the key stakeholders students, scholars, practitioners and policy makers in the UK and South Asia.