- 08:00 - 18:00
- Leeds University Business School and Nexus
- Who can attend:
- Academic staff, external guests and alumni
Unable attend the whole event? Simply register for the session(s) that interest you most.
The Festival of Ideas is an annual event, bringing together academia and industry for a day of thought-provoking talks and discussion.
Leeds University Business School academics will share their expertise and highlight where they see potential for collaboration – we have experts looking to work with other University Faculties, graphic designers, computer scientists, health charities, HR specialists, car manufacturers, policymakers and more. Speakers from the Department for Work and Pensions, Leeds Social Sciences Institute and Nexus will also join us at this year's Festival.
With plenty of time dedicated to discussion throughout the day, we hope guests take the opportunity to engage with our experts, co-develop research ideas and partner with the Business School on future projects.
Find out more in the Festival of Ideas 2019 programme.
- Grow your networks
- Forge cross-discipline partnerships
- Collaborate on Business School research
For external guests:
- Find out more about our areas of expertise
- Become part of the Business School's research community
- Help develop and drive the research agenda
- Find out more about Nexus
Partnering with Nexus
This year we are delighted to partner with Nexus. Nexus is a new innovation hub that aims to seamlessly connect businesses to academic expertise and facilities across the University. Providing easy access to world-leading research experts, with a particular focus on health, data, environment and engineering, attendees will be amongst the first to experience the new £40 million building on the University campus which includes office and lab spaces, meeting and conference facilities
|08:00 - 09:00||Registration||Maurice Keyworth Foyer|
|09:00 - 10:30||Research Collaboration||G.02, Maurice Keyworth|
|10:45 - 12:15||Morning parallel sessions: Technology and Digital Disruption / Communication and Behaviour||Maurice Keyworth Seminar Rooms|
|12:15 - 13:00||Lunch|
|13:30 - 15:00||Afternoon parallel sessions: Finance at a Global and Local Scale / The Human Side of Artificial Intelligence||Nexus event space|
|15:15 - 16:45||Connecting Businesses with World-Leading Research||Nexus lecture theatre|
|16:45 - 18:00||Wine reception|
For further information, please contact Research Office at research.LUBS@leeds.ac.uk
- Ideas in Practice - evening seminar (separate registration)
Investing in the UK's Future: Towards an Equitable Equity Finance Market
Time: 17:45 - 20:45
Location: Squire Patton Boggs, Leeds
Join the ‘Ideas in Practice’ twilight seminar to:
- Hear insights from Professor Nick Wilson on the latest equity finance research, including a recent report that has influenced government policy changes for state intervention
- Gain practitioner perspective from Endless, a key national investor firm
- Take part in discussion about the current state and future of UK equity finance