- Company: University of Glasgow, University of Leeds
- Job title: Visiting Professor
- Sex worker unionisation: global developments, challenges and possibilities (2016, Palgrave)
- Bob Crow – socialist, leader, fighter (2017, Manchester University Press)
- Employment Relations in Financial Services: an exploration of the employee experience after the financial crash (2017, Palgrave).
He has also contributed over 60 chapters to various books. The subject matter of these largely concerns the processes and outcomes of workers' collective interest representation, primarily through labour unions. On top of these activities, he has organised symposia, public meetings and seminars, and have made a fist of knowledge exchange and transfer through running a research service for unions and writing for popular outlets like the Guardian, Conversation and Huffington Post.