We appreciate the goodwill and enthusiasm of people who are willing to set up groups. Here are some useful tips on how to make the most of your alumni group and keep it active.
- Group objectives
When arranging an initial meeting it can be valuable to discuss the objectives of the group so that all members get something out of it. What would the group like to achieve? This could include:
- Networking/business development
- Social interaction
- Professional/career development
- Special interest activities
- Promote your group
We suggest that you set up a social media group so that fellow alumni can join and interact. As the group leader, we encourage you to actively promote your social media groups and continue to keep the group active.
Here's a quick guide to get you started:
- Post in your social media group at least once a month.
- Group leaders will be notified when an event is being organised by the Business School. We encourage you to promote these events on your pages and spread the word.
- Keep an eye on our Facebook and LinkedIn pages and share our posts about our research, rankings, events and University updates.
- Did you know that the University has an Instagram account specifically for alumni? They regularly post about events, graduation, campus - take a look and get sharing!
- Do you have any photos from when you were at University? Post a photo and share your memories from your time at Leeds; a great way for people to engage in the group and feel nostalgic.
- Promote our LUBS Alumni Whatsapp group (tel +44 7730 192620) so that we can connect with alumni and groups who use this app. Simply email or text us with your full name and we can add alumni to the group chat.
- Do you want to connect with alumni in China? Promote our WeChat group. You can find us by searching for our group name - LUBS Alumni.
- Organise an event
As a group leader we encourage you to organise your own events as well as attend events organised by the Business School.
The event could be anything from a casual evening at a local bar, a dinner or maybe even a quiz night.
Below are some ideas on what you could include at your event:
- Encourage alumni to bring old photos or items that remind them of their time at Leeds.
- Ask all attendees to introduce themselves. This might be useful for anyone who is new to the group or a recent graduate.
- Create a quiz all about Leeds. It's a fun activity and a great way to share memories.
- Take a group selfie! Post it on social media with #LUBSevent.
- Share Business School news and success stories
Keep up to date with the Business School's latest news, rankings and accreditations and share with fellow alumni.
- Contact us
The Business School alumni team are always happy to hear from our alumni. If you would like any further guidance on being a group leader or would like to organise your own event, please contact us.