As a student on the Leeds MBA, you can take part in a one or two week long international study tour. Typically we try and offer a variety of trips in any year to a European and/or American University. Please note these trips are optional but are not covered by the basic programme fees.
About the tour:
- Choose from destinations including Germany, USA and Spain
- Tours usually take place in June or July
- Visit local companies and partner business schools
- Enjoy business seminars and networking opportunities with local students, businesses and leaders
- Tour cultural sites and local places of interest.
Benefits of a study tour:
- Immerse yourself in another culture
- Experience the challenges and opportunities facing organisations around the world
- Extend your global awareness and enhance your international perspective as a manager.
Companies we've visited:
- Lufthansa - Germany
- Deutchsche Bank - Germany
- Bosch - Germany
- PANATecs - Germany
- Stahl - Germany
- Xenios - Germany
- Porche - Germany
- Bloomberg - Brazil
- Petrobras - Brazil
- Santos Brazil - Brazil
- China-Britain Business Council - China
- Standard Chartered Bank - China
- Lenovo - China
Study tour: Heilbronn, Germany 2014
In 2014 full-time MBA students visited the German Graduate School of Management and Law (GGS) alongside students from the USA, Thailand and Germany. Each tour provides students with a unique opportunity to explore the daily operations of global organisations and contextualise the key management themes studied on the programme so far.
Student groups came together to attend a series of taught seminars and on-site company visits in order to investigate the role of Mittelstand companies within German business culture.
They explored a wide variety of subjects such as Sales Excellence, Innovation Management, Strategic Management, Human Resource Management and International Business. Students also gained valuable insight into the contemporary business landscape through tours of Bosch, PANATecs, Stahl, Xenios, and a guided tour of the Porsche Museum and vineyards.
I strongly believe that this is a must-have experience. Through company visits and theory, it shows you the distinct difference in work cultures across multiple geographies and helps you to understand the skills required to adapt to such environments.Nikhil Hegde, MBA 2014