More than three years of postgraduate work experience is required before you apply. Five years minimum of postgraduate work experience is usually desirable. All work experience must include at least three years appropriate management responsibility (projects, teams, divisions, business units etc.) and show significant career progression.
If you don't have the required amount of work experience, you might like to consider our MSc Management.
A good Bachelor degree (equivalent of a UK 2:1 hons degree), or an acceptable professional qualification.
A GMAT score is not a mandatory requirement in most cases; however, if your degree qualification is below a 2:1 (hons) or overseas equivalent, or you don’t have a formal or professional qualification, you may be asked to complete a Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) with a minimum score of 600 (GMAT scores should be valid for the year of entry). These applications are considered at the discretion of the Programme Director.
We do encourage candidates who have undertaken the GMAT examination to submit their scores to enhance their application. Please upload a copy of your official GMAT score report in the qualifications section of your online application – we do not accept paper copies by post.
We accept a range of international equivalent qualifications.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in any component. For other English qualifications, read English language equivalent qualifications
Improve your English
International students who do not meet the English language requirements for this programme may be able to study our postgraduate pre-sessional English course, to help improve your English language level.
This pre-sessional course is designed with a progression route to your degree programme and you’ll learn academic English in the context of your subject area. To find out more, read Language for Business Management and Enterprise (6 weeks) and Language for Business: Business Management and Enterprise (10 weeks).
We also offer online pre-sessionals alongside our on-campus pre-sessionals. You could study a part-time online course starting in January, or a full-time course in summer. Find out more about online pre-sessionals.
You can also study pre-sessionals for longer periods – read about our postgraduate pre-sessional English courses.
How to apply
Places for the full-time Leeds MBA programme are limited. We operate a staged admissions process with various application deadlines throughout the year.
Find out more about how to apply for the Leeds MBA and look at our FAQs.
Documents and information you need
As part of your application you will need to submit:
- A completed application form
- An up-to-date CV, showing evidence of the required amount of work experience (More than three years of postgraduate work experience is required before you apply. Five years of postgraduate work experience is desirable. All work experience must include at least three years appropriate management responsibility and show significant career progression)
- Original academic qualification transcripts, certificates and certified translations (if your documents are not in English)
- Two references, one academic and one professional. It may be appropriate to select referees from your professional area of work if you have been out of education for more than 5 years or are applying with evidence of work experience. (see below guidance for references)
- If you have a GMAT result, please upload a copy of your official score report as part of your online application
- A copy of your passport showing passport number and expiry date
- Evidence of your English language qualifications, if English is not your first language. You can apply for the MBA before you take an approved English language test
- If you have previously studied in the UK on a student visa then you need to provide official evidence of this including CAS, visas and BRP
Read about visas, immigration and other information in International students. We recommend that international students apply as early as possible to ensure that they have time to apply for their visa.
University of Leeds Taught Admissions Policy 2023
- UK: £33,000 (total)
- International: £33,000 (total)
Read more about paying fees and charges.
For fees information for international taught postgraduate students, read Masters fees.
Additional cost information
International study tours are optional. Therefore they are not covered by the basic course fees and you will have to pay extra for them. Prices will vary depending on the location and duration of the tour.
There may be additional costs related to your course or programme of study, or related to being a student at the University of Leeds. Read more about additional costs.
Scholarships and financial support
We award a range of scholarships to particularly deserving candidates.
Leeds University Business School is offering a number of MBA Excellence Scholarships for those starting their MBA in September 2023. Scholarships will be awarded to candidates who can demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, career progression, and potential to contribute to the MBA programme.
Read more about scholarships and funding for the Leeds MBA.