The Festival of Ideas is a free one-day conference on campus showcasing the breadth and quality of Business School research, encouraging academic progression and connecting researchers. Join Business School staff and external guests, exploring the latest thinking on a range of business related topics.
- Find out more about our areas of expertise
- Discover synergies with other disciplines
- Define your pathway into academia
- Grow your networks
- Align your areas of expertise
- Forge cross-disciplinary partnerships
For external guests
Our opening and closing plenaries will see senior business leaders and academics address key challenges in business today.
External speakers and panel chairs
To help stimulate discussion and provide insight from other institutions and industries, the Festival of Ideas welcomes external speakers and panel members:
- Mike Barry - Director of Sustainable Business (Plan A), Marks and Spencer
- Tom Bridges - Director, Cities Advisory at Arup
- Jon Bumstead - Director, Nisomar
- Louise Ellis - Director of Sustainability, University of Leeds
- Martin Farrington - Director of City Development, Leeds City Council
- Simon Garbett - Partner, Squire Patton Boggs
- Carly Gulliver - Associate, Squire Patton Boggs
- Tomas Hult – Marketing and International Business, Michigan State University
- Timothy Jarvis - Partner, Squire Patton Boggs
- Prew Lumley - Chair of Leeds Business Improvement District (Leeds BID)
Festival programme 2018
Hear about the latest research from the Business School and take part in discussions chaired by industry experts and external guests.
|08:00 - 09:00||Registration||The Great Hall|
|09:15 - 10:45||Opening plenary: ‘Defining the City of the Future’||The Great Hall|
|11:00 - 12:30||Themed sessions: Corporate Social Responsibility; Emerging Markets||University House|
|12:30 - 13:30||Lunch and postgraduate poster session||The Great Hall|
|13:45 - 15:15||Themed sessions: Technology and Innovation; Entrepreneurship||University House|
|15:30 - 17:00||Closing plenary: ‘Building a Sustainable Supply Chain’||The Great Hall|
Join us for the full day or opt for as few or as many sessions you like.