Childcare during COVID-19
- Start date: 10 September 2020
- End date: 9 January 2022
- Funder: UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
- Principal investigator: Dr Kate Hardy (University of Leeds)
- Co-investigators: Dr Jennifer Tomlinson (University of Leeds)
Dr Helen Norman (University of Leeds)
Dr Katie Cruz (University of Bristol)
Researchers: Dr Xanthe Whittaker, Dr Camille Barbagallo, Dr Louise Schreuders
Partners: Megan Jarvie, Coram Family and Childcare
Early Years (EY) childcare is foundational to the economy and to society given its positive impact on child development and wellbeing. Without provision of formal and informal childcare, parents will not be able to return to work during or after the COVID-19 crisis, exacerbating intra-and inter-household inequalities. This project will address the urgent challenges of:
- Disruption to and sustainability of provision
- Ensuring safe environments for workers, children and families.
Visit the website for further information.
Childcare during COVID is an ESRC/UKRI funded project.