Dr. Xingjie Wei
- Position: Assistant Professor in Business Analytics & Machine Learning
- Areas of expertise: Social computing, business analytics, social data mining, cryptocurrency, blockchain
- Email: X.Wei1@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4489
- Location: 1.15 Charles Thackrah
- Website: Personal website | Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Dr. Xingjie Wei currently is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Business Analytics and Machine Learning in the Centre for Decision Research (CDR) at Leeds University Business School. Xingjie have been working in Computer Science, Psychology and Business School departments doing interdisciplinary research investigating the relationship between human factors and computational techniques, and how humans interact with new data technologies. Her research focuses lie in the interaction between computational techniques and social science approaches to understand human behaviour. Addressing most problems in society, from global issues such as counter-terrorism to personal decisions such as shopping, requires an understanding of how and why people behave the way they do in relation to themselves and others. The insights from her research can help governments, businesses and charities to transform the way they work to make their services more cost-effective and easier to use. From an individual view, understanding human behaviour also enables people to make better decisions.
Xingjie is particularly interested in:
- Human traits understanding and identification: faces, expressions, personalities, intelligence, confidence...
- Unstructured multi-media data mining: texts, images, EEGs...
- How to use above computational techniques to improve business and management practice
Xingjie is accepting PhD students and interested in supervising topics related to above areas using big data and machine learning techniques. Students are also welcome to propose their own topics and discuss with Xingjie. Please send emails to Xingjie directly for more details.
- Head of Year for Bsc Business Analytics Programme
- Academic Tutor for the MSc Business Analytics and Decision Sciences programme
Social computing, business analytics, social data mining, cryptocurrency, blockchain
- Ph.D. Computer Science, University of Warwick, UK
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- British Academy of Management
- Operational Research Society
LUBS1086 Exploring Your Potential (2018-19)
LUBS2940 Business Analytics 2 (2018-presnet)
LUBS3200 Business Analytics 3: Analytics Project (2018-19)
LUBS5990M Machine Learning in Practice (2019-presnet)
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Decision Research