Dr. Xingjie Wei
- Position: Assistant Professor in Business Analytics/Machine Learning
- Areas of expertise: Social computing, business analytics, big data, social data mining, machine learning
- Email: X.Wei1@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4489
- Location: 1.15 Charles Thackrah
- Website: Personal website | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Dr. Xingjie Wei currently is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Business Analytics and Machine Learning in the Centre for Decision Research (CDR) at Leeds University Business School. Xingjie has been working in Computer Science, Psychology and Business School departments doing interdisciplinary research investigating the relationship between human factors and computational techniques, and how humans interact with new data technologies. Specifically, her work focuses on analysing and predicting behavioural and psychological traits (e.g., personality, interests) of human by psychological experiments, big data analytics, and machine learning modelling, which can be applied to improve business practice in management.
Xingjies research interests lie in the interaction between computational techniques and social science approaches to understand human behaviour. Addressing most problems in society, from global issues such as counter-terrorism to personal decisions such as shopping, requires an understanding of how and why people behave the way they do in relation to themselves and others. The insights from her research can help governments, businesses and charities to transform the way they work to make their services more cost-effective and easier to use. From an individual view, understanding human behaviour also enables people to make better decisions.
Social computing, business analytics, big data, social data mining, machine learning
Xingjie is accepting PhD students and interested in supervising topics related to behavioural finance decision making and consumer satisfaction using big data and data mining models. Students are also welcome to propose their own topics and discuss with Xingjie. Please send emails to Xingjie directly for more details.
- Ph.D. Computer Science, University of Warwick, UK
- B.Eng. Computer Science, Central South University, China
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Xingjie is the personal tutor for Bsc Business Analytics students and Module leaders for several analytics / machine learning based modules in both undergranduate and postgraduate levels.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Decision Research