Dr Danilo V. Mascia
Danilo V. Mascia (IPA: /mæˈʒiːæ/) is an Associate Professor in Banking and FinTech. Prior to joining Leeds, he was an Assistant Professor in Banking at the University of Nottingham.
Dr Mascia’s main research interests include SME Finance, Banking, and Financial Technology (FinTech).
From August 2020 to February 2021, Dr Mascia was involved in the government review of the UK FinTech sector (The Kalifa Review of UK FinTech) launched by HM Treasury in July 2020.
He serves as an Associate Editor for the European Journal of Finance (ABS 3*).
Dr Mascia has experience in teaching banking and finance modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels (including MBA). Currently, he teaches “International Banking and Finance” at masters level, as well as “Banks and Banking Systems” at undergraduate level. Previous teaching experience includes: “Bank Risk Measurement and Management”, “Contemporary Issues in Banking”, “Applied Finance”, “Theory of Risk and Insurance”, and “Financial Markets”.
He currently holds the following roles:
- Director of the MSc Banking and International Finance
- Deputy Director of the PhD Accounting and Finance within the Centre for Advanced Studies in Finance (CASIF)
- Deputy Director of the International Banking Institute (IBI)
Dr Mascia won the LUBS Overall Partnership Award 2022, and the University-wide Academic Personal Tutor/Supervisor Award 2022.
Dr Mascia is an External Examiner for the Banking and Finance modules (MBA Programmes) at the University of Birmingham.
- Director, MSc Banking & International Finance
- Deputy Director, PGR Studies (A&F)
- Deputy Director, Centre for Advanced Studies in Finance (CASIF)
- Associate Fellow of The Higher Education Academy
- PhD Business Administration – Banking track
- MSc Business Economics – Finance track
- MSc Economics
- BSc Economics & Finance
Research groups and institutes
- International Banking Institute
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Finance