Dr Josh Morton
Josh Morton is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Strategy and Innovation and joined Leeds University Business School in 2017.
Josh completed a PhD at Loughborough University. This work explored strategy and organisational legitimacy in pluralistic contexts. He has also gained experience in consultancy through numerous research projects, including with Accenture, Deloitte, and IBM. Josh has an interest in innovative and creative forms of teaching, particularly by utilising emerging technologies and gamification methods.
Josh's research interests focus on strategy and innovation, including; strategy in pluralistic contexts, strategic agility, open strategy, legitimation, responsible innovation, digital innovation, and sustainability strategies. He is currently involved in a number of research projects, and often presents at leading conferences including the Academy of Management Annual Meeting, European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS), Strategic Management Society Annual Conference/Special Conferences, International Conference on Information Systems, European Conference on Information Systems, IFIP 8.2 Working Conference, and the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
His other roles have included:
- Reviewer for numerous journals and publishers, including; Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Organization Studies, Information Systems Journal, California Management Review, Journal of Business Ethics, Systems Research and Behavioral Science, Journal of Strategy and Management, SAGE Open, Oxford University Press, MIT Press.
- Conference commitee member and track chair at the 2020 SMS Special Conference in Berkeley, California (track: Technology Innovation, Platforms, and Ecosystems in an Autonomous and Connected World), track chair for 2020 Australasian Conference on Information Systems in Wellington, New Zealand (track: Strategy, Governance, and Leadership in the Digital Age).
- Associate Editor at International Conference on Information Systems (2018) and European Conference on Information Systems (2020, 2021).
- Session chair at Academy of Management Annual Meeting, EGOS, Strategic Management Society Conference and other conferences.
- Reviewer for various conferences.
- Programme Director for MSc Global Strategy and Innovation Management
- PhD Loughborough University
- MSc Loughborough University (Distinction)
- BSc University of Sheffield (First-class)
- Academy of Management
- European Group for Organizational Studies
- Association for Information Systems
- Strategic Management Society
- Strategy as Practice International-Network
- Open Strategy Network
I teach Strategic Management at Undergraduate and Executive Education levels, and supervise Undergraduate and Postgraduate Management Dissertations. I also supervise Management PhD students, and act as a mentor and supervisor for Laidlaw Scholars through the Laidlaw Foundation.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Technology Innovation and Engagement