Employee physiology and workplace outcomes
- Co-investigators: Gail Clarkson, Des Leach and Kerrie Unsworth
Gail Clarkson, Des Leach and Kerrie Unsworth are examining how a person’s physiology relates to a variety of workplace behaviours and outcomes. We know a lot about how a person’s perception of their work and their feelings about their work affect these outcomes; but we know much less about how one’s body affects them at work. A number of studies are being conducted looking at outcomes such as stress, well-being and performance.
- To understand the “full person” at work, not just their thoughts and emotions.
- What are the best physiological indicators for stress in the workplace?
- How does heart rate variability affect well-being and stress?
- How does heart rate variability affect performance and creativity?