- Position: Associate Professor, Digital Strategy
- Areas of expertise: Business Strategy; Strategic Agility; Digital Transformation; Metaverse; Blockchain; Design Thinking; Agile Development; Cyber Security; Artificial Intelligence; Project Management; Risk Management
- Email: J.Palfreyman@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: G.18 Charles Thackrah
- Website: Palfreyman Ventures | LinkedIn | Researchgate
John currently combines part time consultancy positions at Palfreyman Ventures with his Associate Professor, Digital Strategy role a the University of Leeds Business School. John’s full-time career with IBM - which concluded mid 2017 mixed leveraging digital technologies into government and public sector organisations around the world with the commercial exploitation of emerging technologies for business benefit.
John’s current interests include the business application of blockchain technologies, strategic agility, digital transformation, Metaverse and the cultural aspects of organisational transformation.
- Postgraduate Studies
- Undergraduate Studies
- Executive Leadership Education
- Business Strategy
- Strategic Agility
- Business Blockchain
- Digital Transformation
- Artificial Intelligence
- Board Composition and Culture
- Non-executive Director Development
- MSc. Applicable Mathematics, Cranfield
- HND Engineering, The College, Swindon
Lecturer in Strategic Management.
Module leader and lecturer in Strategy for Business and Digital Business Transformation on the Executive Leadership Program.
Guest lectures on Metaverse, Business Blockchain, Digital Transformation and Project / Risk Management.
Lecturer / tutor in the Professional Development division of Salford University, focusing on Operational Excellence, Digital Innovation and Non-executive Director Development.