Dr Muhammad Ali Nasir
- Position: Associate Professor in Economics
- Areas of expertise: Central Banking, Monetary Economics, International Economics & Finance, Energy Economics, Macroeconomics, European Monetary Union, Applied Econometrics
- Email: M.A.Nasir@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4487
- Location: Maurice Keyworth Building
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Muhammad Ali Nasir joined the University of Leeds in February 2022. Prior to that, he has worked as an Associate Professor in Economics at the University of Huddersfield since July 2020. Dr Nasir has worked as a Senior Lecturer in Economics at Leeds Business School between May 2012 – June 2020. He has a PhD in Economics and is greatly interested in the areas of Monetary Economics, Macroeconomics, Financial Economics and International Economics, He is an active researcher and has published in a number of reputable journals in the last few years. Dr Nasir is also involved in the research supervision of masters and doctoral level students. Dr Nasir is a key team player, possessing an excellent command of a wide range of analytical techniques paired with sound researching capabilities. He is well versed in a wide range of pedagogical and analytical techniques and their context of application. Dr Nasir possesses good communication and interpersonal skills. Dr Nasir demonstrates a strong commitment to innovative pedagogy, enterprise, research-informed teaching and productive collaborative research. Currently, he is working on the challenges of macroeconomic policy formulation and issues around financial stability, particularly in the Post- COVID-19 world.
- Programme Director MSc Economics and MSc Economics & Finance
Dr Nasir’s primary interests lie in the field of macroeconomic policies, monetary economics, financial economics, financial stability, European Monetary Union, applied econometrics and international trade and finance.