- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: How do Social Enterprises emerge as a civic need within the emerging markets? Egypt as a case study.
International Sociological Association
British Sociological Association
Sherif Youssef is a doctoral researcher at the Centre of Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies at Leeds University Business School and The Bauman Institute at the School of Sociology and Social Policy. Sherif is an Organizational Theorist with a background in marketing and public policy. His research focuses on Hybrid organisations such as social enterprises in the emerging markets, which aims to address societal challenges while creating some financial revenues. He has a broader research interest looking at the economics of innovation, patient finance and economic growth.
How do Social Enterprises emerge as a civic need within the emerging markets? Egypt as a case study.
Hybrid Organisations, Social Enterprises, Emerging Markets, Economic Development
Teaching Assistant experience
SLSP1150 Politics and Social Transformations
SLSP1170 Understanding and Researching Contemporary Society
SLSP1220 Social Policy: Poor Laws to the Present
SLSP2675 Sociology of Work
LUBS1010 Understanding Social Enterprise
LUBS 2035 Finance for Small Business
- MA Social and Public Policy, University of Leeds
- MRes Advanced Marketing Management, Lancaster University
- BSc General Management, German University in Cairo
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies