The Leaders in Residence scheme is a network of more than 80 experienced professionals, brought together by the Management Department.
The network includes chief executives, managing directors, entrepreneurs and early career professionals from a wide range of sectors, charities and skills areas.
The Leaders volunteer their time to share their business expertise and insights with our students, through mentoring discussions and networking sessions. This connects the theory we teach with real-world practice, and helps our students to prepare for their future careers.
Benefits for students
The network gives students the opportunity to develop leadership and professional skills by engaging with senior figures from the world of business.
- Conference days embedded within the curriculum for first and second year undergraduate Management students and our MSc Management cohort
- Seminars, panel discussions and guest lectures
- Networking events
- The opportunity to be connected with Leaders to support your dissertations and academic research.
In addition, our 'buddy' programme enables students to connect with recent graduates to ask about their own experiences of life after university.
Benefits for Leaders
Our Leaders in Residence inspire, inform and motivate our students and support their personal development.
We invite our Leaders in Residence to join us on campus up to three times each year for our flagship Leaders in Residence events. These are embedded in our teaching, forming part of the core curriculum for our 1st year and 2nd year undergraduate Management and MSc Management courses.
At these events, our Leaders take part in round table discussions with small groups of students on topics such as 'commercial awareness' and 'leadership'. In doing so they give our students insights from their own experiences, which help our students to relate the theory they learn in their studies to real life practice.
Share your expertise
- Provide support and guidance to the next generation of business leaders
- Provide insight into your organisation
- Inform future research initiatives
Grow your networks
- Meet fellow Leaders in Residence from different sectors and businesses
- Connect with Management Department academics and gain insights into the latest thinking on a range of business and management topics
- Attend business-led events both on and off campus
Develop your skills
- Gain mentoring and coaching skills
- Enhance your organisation’s CSR reputation and credentials
I enjoyed the networking events with the Leaders in Residence as it gave me knowledge of many different organisations in the area of IT and Business, while also getting to know a variety of inspirational individuals. I also became more confident in networking with people I had never met before