Dr. Anna Viragos
- Position: Associate Professor in Management
- Areas of expertise: Organizational behaviour; organizational psychology; job design; job crafting; proactive behaviours; prosocial behaviours; OCB; employee performance; green behaviours; diversity, creativity, wellbeing
- Email: A.Viragos@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0604
- Location: G.15 Charles Thackrah building
- Website: LinkedIn | Researchgate | ORCID
2023 September-present: Associate Professor in Management
2022 September-present: Subject Group Leader for the Enhancing Management Learning (EML) Subject Group
2019-2022 Co-Subject Group Leader for the Enhancing Management Learning (EML) Subject Group
2019 October-2023 September: Lecturer in Management
2018 March-present: Joint Subject Group Leader for the Enhancing Management Learning (EML) Subject Group
2017 September-2019 September:Teaching Fellow at Leeds University Business School.
- Unsworth, K., Viragos, A., & Song, L. (2023) In Handbook of Organizational Creativity: Leadership, Interventions, and Macro level issues. Chapter 20:Job design and creativity: Lessons learnt and new schools of thought.
- Hill, L., & Viragos, A. (2020). Book Review: Internationalization and Employability in Higher Education By Robert Coelen and Cate Gribble (Editors). New York, NY: Routledge, 2019. 262 pages, paperback. Academy of Management Learning & Education
- Costantini, A., Ceschi, A, Viragos, A., De Paola, F., Sartori, R. (2019). The role of a new strength-based intervention on organisation-based self-esteem and work engagement: A three-wave intervention study, Journal of Workplace Learning, 31 (3), pp.194-206, https://doi.org/10.1108/JWL-07-2018-0091
- Marsden, H., Viragos, A. (2022). The impact of Covid 19 on the wellbeing of teachers. BAM Annual Conference
- Mottershaw, S, Viragos, A. (2022). Online or face-to-face? That is the question. UKAT Annual Conference.
- Smith, N., Viragos, A. (2021). A mismatch between programme of study and interests. What can we do? UKAT Annual Conference.
- Gritt, E., Forsgren, E., Viragos, A., Irnazarow, A., Unsworth, K., Song, L., Pugh, D. (2021). Policing Beyond the Pandemic: The Transformation of Police Work Practices in Response to the Crisis. ‘Ideas in Practice’ Realising Digital Change in Policing: Policing, Information and Data. Leeds
- Zaman, T., Viragos, A., Zygiaris, S. (2020). One frame at a time: The dynamics of a change project, end-users and digitally transformed United Kingdom National Health Service (NHS). Academy of Management Conference.
- Mottershaw, S., Viragos, A., Smith, N., & Braham, J. (2019). Personal tutorial models: Attendance and Engagement. British Academy of Management Management, Knowledge, Education Conference, York
- Viragos, A., Leach, D.J., & Davis, M.C. (2018). The role of Task Prosocial Job Crafting in predicting supervisor ratings of performance. British Academy of Management Conference, Bristol.
- Viragos, A., Leach, D. J., & Davis, M.C. (2017). Investigating Job Crafting from a prosocial perspective: The development and validation of the Prosocial Job Crafting Measure. European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology Conference, Dublin.
- Viragos, A., Leach, D. J. & Davis, M.C. (2016). Investigating Job Crafting from a prosocial perspective. IWP International Conference, Sheffield.
- Unsworth, K., Pieniazek, R., & Viragos, A. (2016) Objective Measures: The Good, the Bad, and the Alternatives”. British Academy of Management Conference, Newcastle.
- Viragos, A., Leach, D. J. & Davis, M.C. (2015). Prosocial Job Crafting. British Psychological Society, Division of Occupational Psychology, Glasgow.
Awards and scholarships:
- 2019: Award for Outstanding Academic Performance for my PhD thesis from the University of Leeds
- 2018: Award for Best Full Paper in Organizational Psychology, British Academy of Management Conference, Bristol. https://business.leeds.ac.uk/research-wbrc/news/article/112/postgraduate-researcher-anna-viragos-wins-best-paper-award
- 2014: University Research Scholarship from the University of Leeds
- 2014: Award for Outstanding MSc Dissertation, Leeds University Business School
- 2013: Maurice Keyworth MSc Scholarship from Leeds University Business School
- 2009: ISEP Scholarship from San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, USA.
- 2007: ERASMUS Scholarship to the Martin Luther University, Halle, Germany.
- Subject Group Leader for the Enhancing Management Learning (EML) group
- Faculty Values Champion for Management, Head of Year 2 UG Management
- Chair of Management Research Seminar Series (MRSS)
- PhD in Organizational Psychology, LUBS
- MSc in Organizational Psychology (Distinction), LUBS
- MA in Psychology, University of Debrecen
- BA in Psychology, University of Debrecen
- Chartered Psychologist of the British Psychological Society and an Elected Committee member of Division of Occupational Psychology
- Fellow of the HEA (FHEA)
- Chartered Management & Business Educator (CMBE)
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- British Academy of Management (BAM)
- RQTU (BPS)
I currently lead the module Management Research and Analysis (LUBS2910) for BA Business Management, and the module Occupational Psychology (LUBS5315M) for MA Human Resource Management. I also teach on the module Systems Thinking and Consulting Practice (LUBS5385M) for MSc Organizational/Business Psychology, and on the module Dissertation/Project in Management (LUBS3345)
I am an academic personal tutor, supervise both UG and PG Dissertations, and act as a PhD supervisor.
PhD students supervised to completion: Dr Sanjay Popat https://business.leeds.ac.uk/faculty/pgr/1050/sanjay-popat. Sanjay’s PhD research was featured on the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/mar/14/harrowing-work-pressure-giving-nhs-junior-doctors-panic-attacks-study-finds, and he won the Outstanding Academic Performance Prize for PhD in the Faculty of Business in 2023.
Research groups and institutes
- Workplace Behaviour Research Centre