Dr Costas Lambrinoudakis
Dr Costas Lambrinoudakis is an Assistant Professor of Finance at Leeds University Business School. Prior to that, he worked as an Adjunct Lecturer of Finance at the Athens University of Economics and Business in Greece. He also lectured on corporate finance, financial management, international finance and banking in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses at the University of Piraeus and the University of West Attica. Prior to joining academia, he worked at the Division of Research & Forecasting of Eurobank Group, doing research informing the Group’s investment strategy decisions.
Dr Lambrinoudakis is the Treasurer and a Member of the Governing Board of the non-profit organization "Asclepiades". The aim of "Asclepiades" is to raise funds to support the preservation of the Ancient Theatre and the other monuments in the Sanctuary of Asklepios at Epidaurus, in Greece.
- Director, MSc Finance and Investment
- Director, Bloomberg Finance Lab
- Personal Tutor, MSc Finance and Investment & BSc Accounting and Finance
Dr Lambrinoudakis’ research interests lie in the area of corporate finance, financing policy, and big data. He has devoted particular attention to corporate financing policy and the numerous factors that can shape it (e.g. managers’ expectations, financial development, financial integration). Currently, he is focusing on new and/or alternative sources of information, exploring how data obtained from these sources (e.g. social media and news analytics) can offer new insights on corporate finance, asset pricing, and market efficiency.
- “Social Media Influencers and Stock Markets” (with Z. Zhang, K. Keasey, and D. Mascia)
- “Employee Wellbeing, Financial Leverage and Institutional Ownership” (with E. Symitsi, P. Stamolampros, and A. Mohamed)
- “Blockchains and Earnings Smoothing” (with M. El Diri)
- PhD Finance, University of Piraeus
- MSc Investment Management, Bayes Business School
- BSc Business Administration, University of Piraeus
- Onassis Scholars Association
- External Examiner for the Finance modules at Birckbeck, University of London
Dr Lambrinoudakis has the experience of teaching a range of undergraduate and postgraduate modules at Leeds University Business School, including Corporate Finance, International Investment, Portfolio Management and Research Methods. He has designed and implemented the Bloomberg Learning Journey, a plan to incorporate Bloomberg into the curriculum of the Accounting and Finance UG programmes.
Research groups and institutes
- International Banking Institute
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Finance