AMA Global marketing SIG conference, Argentina
- Date: Monday 20 May 2019
- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Type: Conferences
- Cost: Details in registration
The Global Marketing SIG is one of the largest and most active special interest groups in the AMA. The 2019 SIG conference is taking place in May in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
1. Journal of International Marketing Special Issue – A JIM special issue devoted to research presented at the conference will be published. Authors of presented papers are welcome to submit their work for possible publication in this special issue of the Journal of International Marketing.
2. Doctoral Consortium – We invite doctoral students with a focus at the intersection of marketing and international business to participate. The Consortium will provide a unique opportunity for doctoral students to further develop their research ideas, to learn about the challenges of conducting international marketing research and building a successful academic career in this field, and to broaden their professional network.
3. Unique Cultural Experience – Buenos Aires combines faded European grandeur with Latin passion. The birthplace of the tango is, like the dance itself, captivating, seductive and bustling with excited energy. Glamorized tango shows are supremely entertaining with their grand feats of athleticism. Atmospheric old neighborhoods are rife with romantic restaurants and thumping nightlife, and Buenos Aires' European heritage is evident in its architecture, boulevards, and parks. Latin America's shopping capital offers the promise of premium retail therapy along its grand, wide boulevards. And, of course, this is Argentina, which means A-one beef and football deserves a separate chapter!
4. Network with the World’s Leading International Marketing Scholars - The conference program will be designed to maximize professional development and networking opportunities. Several of the world’s leading thinkers in international marketing have confirmed their intentions to participate in the conference.