Dr Effie Kesidou
- Position: Associate Professor in Applied Economics
- Areas of expertise: Economics of Innovation; Sustainability; Eco-Innovation; Economic Development; Systems of Innovation; Economic Geography.
- Email: E.Kesidou@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4514
- Location: 1.19 Maurice Keyworth
- Website: | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Research Grants & Awards
2017-2019 BBSRC Global Challenges Research Fund, Valuing Orchard and Integrated Crop Ecosystem Services (602,831), Co-investigator.
2013-2015 ESRC Innovating for a Low Carbon Economy (28,106), Co-investigator.
2013 British Academy of Management Best Paper Award in Innovation for the paper: Kesidou, E. and Demirel, P. Motivations for Organisational Eco-innovations: Adoption of Environmental Management Systems by UK Companies.
2013 SeedCorn Funding for Social Science/STEM Collaborations, University of Leeds Eco-Innovation and the Porter hypothesis (2,000), Principal investigator.
2012 Collaboration Fund University of Nottingham China, Malaysia and the UK Eco-Innovation in Emerging Economies: Evidence from China and Malaysia and a comparison with the UK (5,000), Co-investigator.
2009-2010 New Researchers Fund, University of Nottingham Drivers of Eco-Innovation (40,242), Principal investigator.
2009 Nottingham University Business School Drivers of Eco-Innovation (4,434), Principal investigator.
2005-2006 NWO, Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research Knowledge Networks and Innovation in Developing Countries (5,000), Principal investigator.
2004-2005 ECIS, Eindhoven Centre for Innovation Studies Local Knowledge Spillovers and Innovation in High-tech Clusters in Developing Countries (2,500) Principal investigator.
2004-2005 TU/e, Eindhoven University of Technology Local Knowledge Spillovers and Innovation in High-tech Clusters in Developing Countries (2,500) Principal investigator.
- PhD Economics, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands
- MA Development Economics, University of East Anglia, School of Development Studies, UK
- BA Economics, University of Macedonia of Economic and Social Sciences, Greece
Module Leader for LUBS2665 - Economics of Innovation
Module Leader for LUBS3930 - Economics of Business and Corporate Strategy;
Supervision of UG, MSc, and PhD dissertations.
I am interested in supervising PhD theses that use applied economic methods on the following topics: Economics of Innovation; Sustainability; Eco-Innovation; Economic Development Systems of Innovation; Economic Geography.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Technology Innovation and Engagement
- Applied Institute for Research in Economics