Professor Shima Amini
- Position: Chair in Entrepreneurial Finance
- Areas of expertise: Entrepreneurial Finance; Small Firms Finance; Initial Public Offerings; Venture Capital; Private Equity; Corporate Finance; Behavioural Finance; Market Microstructures
- Email: S.Amini@lubs.leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4508
- Location: 2.12 Maurice Keyworth Building
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | ORCID
PhD, Finance, The University of Leeds, UK
MSc, Financial Engineering, The Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran
BSc, Industrial Engineering, The Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran
Shima Amini is Professor of Entrepreneurial Finance at Leeds University Business School. She joined University of Leeds in 2010 as a lecturer in Finance. Her reserach is focused on Entrepreneurial Finance, Initial Public Offering, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Corporate Finance, Behavioural Finance, and Market Microstructure. She has sustained record of publications in peer-reviewed journals (ABS 4 and ABS 3). Over the years, she has formed a strong network and has collaborated with high profile academics from both UK and overseas universities. Her research in entrepreneurial finance has attracted many attention from the academic community as well as the practitioners. Her research has impact beyond the academic arena as the knowledge generated by her research contributes to, benefits and influences society, policy makers, businesses and the economy. Her research outputs in the entrepreneurial finance area has led to her engagement with hedge fund industry in collaborating research and securing external funding enabling academic knowledge transfer to industry and practice. Over the years, she has acted as a reviewer for a number of highly ranked journals including Entrepreneurship, Theory and Practice Journal (ABS, 4) and The British Journal of Management (ABS, 4). She has also been invited to present her work at various international high quality conferences.
Shima is also the programme director of BSc Banking and Finance Programme and head of second year BSc Banking and Finance. In her role as the programme director she interacts with staff and students at all levels, plays a key role in providing strategic oversight and direction of the programme, and ensures that teaching and learning methods across the programme are planned so as to progressively support achievement of the programme learning outcomes. She also leads the accreditation exercise of the programme by the Chartered Banker Institute (CBI).
She has led the Accounting and Finance Research Seminar Series since 2011. Over the years she has invited very high profile international academics focusing on promoting Leeds to the wider research community. She is the module leader on both undergraduate and postgradute programmes and a Certified Management and Business Educator with wide experience of developing and managing modules. She has a sustained record of high quality research-led teaching as evidenced by consistent high teaching evaluation scores. She has also received the first Deans Awards for Teaching Excellence in the Leeds University Business School in recognition of the excellent scores for overall satisfaction in student module reviews.
- Programme Director BSc Banking and Finance
- Head of Second Year, BSc Banking and Finance
- External Examiner
Her reserach is focused on Entrepreneurial Finance, Initial Public Offering, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Corporate Finance, Behavioural Finance, and Market Microstructure. She has sustained record of publications in peer-reviewed journals (ABS 4 and ABS 3).
- PhD, Finance, The University of Leeds, UK
- MSc, Financial Engineering, The Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran
- BSc, Industrial Engineering, The Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran
- Member of European Financial Association
- Member of the Society of Financial Studies
- Certified Management and Business Educator
- Member of British Academy of Management
Shima is the programme director for BSc Banking and Finance Programme. She is also a module leader on both undergraduate and postgradute programmes. She is also the the Accounting and Finance deputy representative on the special cases committe.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Finance
- Accounting and Finance