Dr Shima Amini
- Position: Associate Professor in Accounting and Finance
- Areas of expertise: Corporate finance; Behavioural Finance; Small Firms Finance; Initial Public Offerings; Business History; Board Structure; Market Microstructures; .
- Email: S.Amini@lubs.leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4508
- Location: 2.12 Maurice Keyworth Building
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | ORCID
PhD, Finance, The University of Leeds, UK
MSc, Financial Engineering, The Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran
BSc, Industrial Engineering, The Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran
Dr Shima Amini is an Associate Professor in Accounting and Finance at Leeds University Business School. She joined University of Leeds in 2010 as a lecturer in Finance. Her reserach is focused on corporate finance, behavioural finance, Initial Public Offering, venture capital, private equity, board structure, business history, and market microstructure. Shima is the programme director of BSc Banking and Finance Programme. She is also the organiser of the staff seminar series in the accounting and finance division. She is the module leader on both undergraduate and postgradute programmes. She has received the first Deans Awards for Teaching Excellence in the Leeds University Business School in recognition of the excellent scores for overall satisfaction in student module reviews. Before her appointment as a lecturer, Shima was employed at Leeds University Business School as a teaching assistant on various modules.
- Programme Director BSc Banking and Finance
- External examiner
Her research interests are in the areas of Corporate finance, Behavioural Finance, Small Firms Finance, Initial Public Offerings, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Business History, Board Structure, and Market Microstructures. She has published a number of papers in world leading and international academic journals. She also acts as an ad hoc reviewer for a number of academic journals.
- PhD, Finance, The University of Leeds, UK
- MSc, Financial Engineering, The Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran
- BSc, Industrial Engineering, The Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran
- Member of European Financial Association
- Member of the Society of Financial Studies
- Certified Management and Business Educator
Shima is the programme director for BSc Banking and Finance Programme. She is also a module leader on both undergraduate and postgradute programmes. She is also the the Accounting and Finance deputy representative on the special cases committe.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Finance
- Accounting and Finance