Ester Ellen Trees Bolt
- Position: Post-doctoral Research Fellowship
- Areas of expertise: HRM research; qualitative research; systematic review.
- Email: E.T.Bolt@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: G.16 26 Lyddon Terace
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | ORCID
I joined the University of Leeds as a Post-doctoral Research Fellow in January 2023. I received my PhD (2021) and Masters (2018 with Distinction) from Taylor’s University, Malaysia. Prior to this role, I was employed as a Lecturer at Sunway University, Malaysia, where I taught several HRM and research method subjects.
- Post-doctoral Research Fellowship
My research focuses on contemporary HRM issues, such as labour turnover in healthcare and migrant worker well-being. While labour turnover has received research attention for over a decade, recent turnover figures in healthcare are at alarming levels particularly amongst nurses, suggesting that turnover in this context is not yet fully understood and needs further investigation. My current research aims to develop a holistic understanding of existing turnover research more broadly, in terms of theory, methods, antecedents and outcomes, of which the findings can in return be applied to multiple contexts, such as healthcare.
Bolt, E.E.T., Winterton, J. & Cafferkey, K. (2021). A century of labour turnover research: A systematic literature review, International Journal of Management Reviews, Vol. 24 No. 4, pp. 555-576.
- PhD in Business (Taylor's University, Malaysia - 2021)
- Master in Management (Taylor's University, Malaysia - 2018)
- Bachelor in Business Administration (Stenden University of Applied Sciences - 2014)
Developing Skills for Business Leadership – MHRM (Sunway University, Malaysia)
Corporate Social Responsibility – BBA (Sunway University, Malaysia)
Leadership in the Age of Digital Transformation – MBA (Sunway University, Malaysia)
Guest Workshop – Systematic Literature Review (University of Huddersfield, UK)
Master thesis supervision – MHRM (Sunway University, Malaysia)
PhD Viva/Work completion lecture – Faculty of Business (Sunway University, Malaysia)
Kawtar Bahanni – PhD Student at Sunway University, Malaysia