Dr Lijun (Shirley) Zhang
- Position: Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Marketing
- Areas of expertise: consumer behaviour; judgement and decision making; consumer health and wellbeing; prosocial behaviour; luxury consumption; AI/algorithms adoption
- Email: L.Zhang7@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.03 18 Lyddon Terrace
- Website: Lijun (Shirley) Zhang Personal Website | Googlescholar | ORCID
Lijun (Shirley) Zhang is a Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor) in Marketing at Leeds University Business School. She obtained her MA in Psychology and PhD in Marketing from Nanyang Technological University. Her research interests focus on marketing for social good that tackles important societal issues. For example, she studies how social comparison motivation influences consumer health, how consumers fail to donate to the most effective charities due to a cognitive bias, how cultural factors encourage the adoption of artificial intelligence, etc. Her goal is to help consumers make “better” decisions to achieve a better society.
- PhD in Marketing (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
- MA in Psychology (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
- BA in Psychology (Kentucky State University, United States)
- BS in Psychology (Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, China)
- Society for Judgment and Decision Making
- Association for Consumer Research
- American Marketing Association
Teaching at UG and PG levels in the areas of marketing research.