- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: Emancipatory entrepreneurship; restorative entrepreneurship; process studies; qualitative research; process-tracing data analysis
- Email: L.Wainwright1@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: G26 Charles Thackrah
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate
Lee Wainwright is a Lecturer in Entrepreneurship Studies at Leeds University Business School who completed his PhD with the University of Liverpool after being awarded an Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) full scholarship. He holds a Master of Science in Entrepreneurship Studies from Liverpool John Moores Univesity and a BA (Hons) in Philosophy with Criminology from the Univesity of Central Lancashire. Before his PhD he was an entrepreneur creating a series of coffee shops in Liverpool city centre.
Lee’s research focuses on how entrepreneurship can act as a process to take people out of restrictive or oppressive contexts. As such his research tends to take a highly qualitative process view, investigating the events which take place within an individual or social group’s lived experience for causal mechanisms. He is currently exploring how emancipatory entrepreneurship provides a transitory route for ex-offenders to improve their life circumstances and regain a sense of autonomy and agency.
- PhD Business and Entreprenuership
- MSc Entrepreneurship Studies
- BA Hons Philosophy with Criminology